Analyzing Of Mobile Access To The Internet

shtirlis

In experience of others CDMA hutch(don't know about CAT provider something) is much lower connection to the internet right now than before(2007-2008). Before it worked with range of Rev.a(400-800 kbps/sec) and right now it's Rev.0(40-80 kbps/sec). It so much lower and impossible to use skype or some kind of programs. This is very sad considering the cost of the modems of this provider(5000-11000 baht per unit) and the need for contract( for 12 monthes). As i said i don't know something about CAT('cause site of this provider doesn't have english information).

Also, i didn't find so far stable gprs/edge/3g connection even in Bangkok.

I'm living at Bangkok right now, condominimum Metro Park Sathorn, Sathorn road, near the station of BTS(Krunghon Buri)(10 minutes from BTS)

New-Map.jpg

And i need STABLE internet for the remote work. and any disconnect is a big TROUBLE... I don't care abut really high speed internet and i need only 1mbit up/ 100kbit down but STABLE. Right now i have only

-wifi(cyber point) This is very slow(3-8 kbps/sec up day and 5-25kbps/sec up night depends on how many users online).

-and possibllity to set up adsl(only TOT), but they need 1 month or so... I can't wait so long

I have some options what to do and i need Your advice about them:

1) Buy sim cards+modem DTAC; True 3g; AIS 3g(already have);

2) Buy mobile phone with support 3g and sim cards True, Dtac;

3) Rent an office with stable connection near any BTS station \\ can be a problem 'cause i don't have work permit

4) Try to use CDMA CAT or Hutch \\ Slow, expensive but probably stable

5)Your variant or advice ?

Im looking for any advice you can make. Thank you very much.

Hi, I have the same problme \ question.

I am farang, freelancing over the internet (game\soft dev,digital art) and just moved to Thailand.

Since Im planing to move south to one of the island, Im looking for working mobile internet connection (for my notebook or via my iPhone).

I would be glad if you can give advice \ experience \ info since at this point Im totaly lost. :D

PS - If somebody need an artist for software dev, just let me know :)