Tt@t Support What A Joke

FarangCravings

Just about had it with my internet connection, so decided to give them a call and ask them why it works perfectly at night ,and sucks in the day not being able to connect to certain game portals which connect perfectly at night. (after 1.30am)

First they tried to tell me that I need to take the next package up to get faster speed I explained the speed is not the issue as I get what I pay for and that is not the cause of the problem. I then mention bandwidth and she agrees that is the problem I ask her how much bandwidth i am getting at the moment and she replies VERY LOW :D:D:D:D

No shit Sherlock, I then ask how I can get more bandwidth she mumbles on and then decides its best if someone from Bangkok calls me back.

I know I'm flogging a dead horse but I gotta at least try on another note she wanted me to go to the office and get a 7 day trial premium package that gives you access to INTERNATIONAL sites :) and if it works then I can keep the package for twice the amount of money per month

WOW thanks

Firstly I would say it is fairly obvious why it is slower when everyone is using it rather than at 1-30 in the morning when lots of people are asleep and not. :) That isn't rocket science. Secondly I can remember spending over 3 hours on the phone to BT back in the Uk and talking to somebody who had no technical skills and where English was at best their third language. The same can be said about my old UK mobile provider. Yes the internet here can be hit and miss but try to remember what it was like back where you came from when it first became available like it is here.

I will remind you

IT WAS CRAP THE SAME AS HERE BUT WORSE AND MORE EXPENSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly I would say it is fairly obvious why it is slower when everyone is using it rather than at 1-30 in the morning when lots of people are asleep and not. :) That isn't rocket science. Secondly I can remember spending over 3 hours on the phone to BT back in the Uk and talking to somebody who had no technical skills and where English was at best their third language. The same can be said about my old UK mobile provider. Yes the internet here can be hit and miss but try to remember what it was like back where you came from when it first became available like it is here.

I will remind you

IT WAS CRAP THE SAME AS HERE BUT WORSE AND MORE EXPENSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO you are actually WRONG

I used to live in Belize Central America and lived in a remote beach location so had to use wireless dial up for internet connection and I can tell you I could use the program in question 24/7 without a problem no matter what time of the day.

So what i am saying is my wireless dial up was better than adsl albeit slightly more expensive and slower but at least it worked.

Also I know its because its busy in the day but that is not an excuse I pay for a 24 hour connection to be able to use the internet not just at night for 6 hours.

Edited by FarangCravings

Well, firstly I think that you will find that TT&T have ceased to exist, or have had some big problems and have ceased trading as TT&T--it is now 3B, or something similar; secondly, I have been using what used to be the TT&T Premium deal, which does give a lot better connection, bandwidth, speed whatever to any sites hosted OUTSIDE Thailand, and, in general, is somewhat better than the basic 590, 790 baht deal--I'm no techno-wizz, though, but this might be worth at try--but you will still have to deal with 3B--coz that's who I am now paying my TT&T bill to--I know this all sounds like I'm talking <deleted>--but I plead TIT.

Just out of interest--a few days ago I made a post and reached my big 600 posts--now I see I am down to 578--what gives, guys--have I been demoted for some reason--actually, I don't really give a monkey's, just wondering who's playing 'funny-buggers' with my post tally????

Edited by haybilly

Just out of interest--a few days ago I made a post and reached my big 600 posts--now I see I am down to 578--what gives, guys--have I been demoted for some reason--actually, I don't really give a monkey's, just wondering who's playing 'funny-buggers' with my post tally????

Check forum support and all will be revealed. There was a database corruption a couple of days ago and a total post count had to be manually regenerated in the database. As such, some member's post count will show less then before this issue. If you have more questions just locate the topic in forum support and post there.

//edit - appears no dedicated topic to the issue but the original maintenance topic is here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Forum-Mainte...09-t332654.html

Well, firstly I think that you will find that TT&T have ceased to exist, or have had some big problems and have ceased trading as TT&T--it is now 3B, or something similar; secondly, I have been using what used to be the TT&T Premium deal, which does give a lot better connection, bandwidth, speed whatever to any sites hosted OUTSIDE Thailand, and, in general, is somewhat better than the basic 590, 790 baht deal--I'm no techno-wizz, though, but this might be worth at try--but you will still have to deal with 3B--coz that's who I am now paying my TT&T bill to--I know this all sounds like I'm talking <deleted>--but I plead TIT

Yes you are right just could not remember the new company name.

I used to have the premium deal but had similar problems with it going out and such and thats the reason I cut back and changed to the 590 deal and i dont see any difference in service.

I just got off the telephone with rep who called me back to try and help my situation and while we battled for almost 45 minutes we were unable to correct the issue so I will have to take my modem into the office and show them and they said they will make it work.

It was a pleasant surprise the effort he made to try and help me even though his english was limited and my thai is non existant, he even added 1 extra M to my package so now I have 4M but of course it made no difference LOL

I don't know who the provider is at my hotel, but it's not all that reliable. It quits for no apparent reason and if you are in the middle of writing something it disappears the moment you hit send. I have to save every paragraph to "WORD" before posting or I risk the loss of everything I've done on the internet. Because I'm often up at all time of the night it isn't too bad, but Monday mornings are hopeless.

Thankfully, the internet comes free with the price of my room, so I really can't complain. But, if I was paying for ADSL and got the same service as I do now I WOULD have a complaint.

I don't know who the provider is at my hotel, but it's not all that reliable. It quits for no apparent reason and if you are in the middle of writing something it disappears the moment you hit send. I have to save every paragraph to "WORD" before posting or I risk the loss of everything I've done on the internet. Because I'm often up at all time of the night it isn't too bad, but Monday mornings are hopeless.

Thankfully, the internet comes free with the price of my room, so I really can't complain. But, if I was paying for ADSL and got the same service as I do now I WOULD have a complaint.

Ian--you'll probably find that your within range of an internet gaming 'cafe' who is sharing your line--and sucking all your bandwidth;but maybe not---as Manuel would say-" I know nothing!'