Does husband get a visa if wife is working?

Here is the situation : my girlfriend, who is French, has been working in Bangkok for a year, as a French teacher in a Thai university. She has a non immigrant B visa and a work permit. I live with her, I don't work, and I have been living here with tourist visas (I go to Laos every 3 months and 3 weeks). I'm French too, we're 30 y.o. I'm quite fed up with having to renew my tourist visa all the time, so we are thinking of getting married (we've been together for many years) so that I could get a visa, but I'm not sure they will give me a visa.

So my question is: if my wife works here and I'm just living with her here, can I get a one year visa? What kind of visa? Can I apply while she's already working here? I don't work, so I don't need a work permit.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sinclair

Alas Sinclair, Thai law does not recognize de facto relationships whatsoever. If you get married you can go out to a Thai Consulate or Embassy with all the paperwork and apply for a Non Imm O visa. I am presuming she has a B visa and a work permit. You can attach to her longer stay visa then.