Thai Mixed Herbs...

Niloc

When in Australia I can buy packets of dried mixed herbs for adding to stews and other meat dishes but the Thais seem to add the herbs individually. Can I get an equivalent to my 'mixed herbs'.

The mixture I use consists of Basil, Marjoram, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage and Thyme. I usually add Parsley also just to keep Mrs Robinson happy!!

I have seen a book which gave the Thai names of Farang herbs but cannot for the life of me recall where?

TIA,

Colin

No need to get edumacated n try to ask for the things in Thai. They won't have them anymore than your local store in Perth would have lemongrass or galangal. For Farang needs the easy route is to head to Rimping. There's one by Airport Plaza, another by the Iron Bridge, another out at Ruam Choke. Tesco even has... but it's the lowest common denominator of Falang spices and quite pricey.

Thanks RTI, I have a house in Chiang Mai (ChiangMai Gardenland) and there is a Rimping supermarket close by so I will try them next time I visit the big smoke, Rimping has a very good selection of imported groceries so I might even find a packet of 'mixed herbs'.

Thanks,

Colin