First Time In Koh Samui

:D Planing a trip to Samui with my thai girlfriend. I'm staying in BK for 3 night then Hua hin for 1 night then off to Samui. I plan to take the train to Surat Thaini. Were is the best place to stay in samui, I want to do a bit of partying but not all the time and don't want to be stuck with a load of drunk fallang all night. I've been think Lami or Chewang sound best. Willing to spend about 1000 BTH to 1200 BTH a night. Any recamendation would be much appericated. Also what is weather like in June???? will i need my parker!!! LOL :o

June is low season??? so will it be a bit cheaper????

Edited by tripperj

:D  Planing a trip to Samui with my thai girlfriend. I'm staying in BK for 3 night then Hua hin for 1 night then off to Samui. I plan to take the train to Surat Thaini. Were is the best place to stay in samui, I want to do a bit of partying but not all the time and don't want to be stuck with a load of drunk fallang all night. I've been think Lami or Chewang sound best. Willing to spend about 1000 BTH to 1200 BTH a night. Any recamendation would be much appericated. Also what is weather like in June???? will i need my parker!!! LOL :o

Hi..

I have just arried from Koh Samui now and my advise is to stay at: "THE ISLAND RESORT" at Chaweng Beach.

This is bungalows, and we payed 1400 Bath pr. night included american breakfast.

-If you want to travel around and need tickets contact :"Tropical Tour & Travel"

-They have also internet cafe and are very helpful + SPEAK ENGLISH.

I have visited Koh Samui and the island around many times and will be happy to help you.

See you :D

:o

:D  Planing a trip to Samui with my thai girlfriend. I'm staying in BK for 3 night then Hua hin for 1 night then off to Samui. I plan to take the train to Surat Thaini. Were is the best place to stay in samui, I want to do a bit of partying but not all the time and don't want to be stuck with a load of drunk fallang all night. I've been think Lami or Chewang sound best. Willing to spend about 1000 BTH to 1200 BTH a night. Any recamendation would be much appericated. Also what is weather like in June???? will i need my parker!!! LOL :D

well my friend i do believe if you want time away from the crowds then lamai would suit you better have just returned my self after spending a month there as for acomadation try weekenders hotel,mira mair bungalows for around 800-1000bt a night but if you want total piece try silver beach just out side lamai a beautiful little place has bungalows for around 1000-1500bt anight as for the weather it was good when i visited in june hot and sunny hope this helps :D

Hey,

I think Lamai is a far better location to stay while in Samui. It's not overcrowded and as built up as Chaweng but still has alot to offer. I never felt the need to go down to Chaweng at night because the nightlife in Lamai has always been fantastic. I'm not into the whole BG scene(find it degrading) and you most likely wn't either because you have a woman with ya so there shouldnt be a need to go BG shopping in Chaweng.

I would recommend staying at the Bill Resort in Samui because the rooms and service are fantastic and it's on a lovely stretch of Lamai beach. The main strip where restraunts/bars/night life are located isn't far from the Bill Resort either.

I think you get the best of both worlds staying in Lamai because even if you do want to venture out to Chaweng during the day or at night it's only a short journey on a motorbike/taxi or whatever transportaton you choose.

Have a great time,

Mark.