Nzl Immigration Office In Bangkok

There'll be blood on the Embassy floor  ...  Kiwi Foreign Service blood.

It will be interesting to find out if it was just bribery or incompetence .I suspect the latter.

I listened to the NZ minister on the radio this morning. He was now claiming that NZ’ers must be the ones doing the interviews etc and not other nationals issuing visas. A cheap way out of a sticky situation if you ask me.

A few years ago, I was in a position where I was giving advise to the NZ Immigration Dept. on certain jobs that they had no expertise on. While I certainly understood their lack of knowledge, what I could not get over was their general lack of common sense in at least 50% of them. When you think of it though, they are public servants on low wages…so what do you expect. :o

There'll be blood on the Embassy floor   ...   Kiwi Foreign Service blood.

It will be interesting to find out if it was just bribery or incompetence .I suspect the latter.

I listened to the NZ minister on the radio this morning. He was now claiming that NZ’ers must be the ones doing the interviews etc and not other nationals issuing visas. A cheap way out of a sticky situation if you ask me.

A few years ago, I was in a position where I was giving advise to the NZ Immigration Dept. on certain jobs that they had no expertise on. While I certainly understood their lack of knowledge, what I could not get over was their general lack of common sense in at least 50% of them. When you think of it though, they are public servants on low wages…so what do you expect. :o

Strange I ask the question of whom processes or ok's the visa's in the Australian Embassy? I do think there are some ignorant people work there that judge other Thai nationals badly or look down on them,I can understand why in some cases but l've heard some pretty bad comments come from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok & Manila

I would like to know that our own nationals give the final say on Visa applications.

There'll be blood on the Embassy floor   ...   Kiwi Foreign Service blood.

Strange I ask the question of whom processes or ok's the visa's in the Australian Embassy? I do think there are some ignorant people work there that judge other Thai nationals badly or look down on them,I can understand why in some cases but l've heard some pretty bad comments come from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok & Manila

I would like to know that our own nationals give the final say on Visa applications.

The problem in this case Aussieguy, is that a couple of years ago, thai nationals were caught taking bribes at NZIS in BKK. I really don't know who has the final say, but even if it is Aussies in your Embassy, if the interview was done by Thais,then surley they would have a say/recommondation in the matter?? :D