Dr Frankenstein

FarangCravings

After qite a bad motorbike accident I had to have an operation to put a load of metal in the the old bust up leg, the good doctors at Ram cut me from the top of my thigh down to the knee I guess 20 inches or so.

After 9 weeks or so its healing nicely and the scar is extremely thin and neat and I doubt anyone will notice after a year or so.

My mate wife also had a motorbike accident and she also had to be cut however she went to the local goverment hospital and she has the most horrific scar down her leg it looks like Dr Frankenstein operated on her.

I am also sure many of you Goat mongers out there have also seem some of these horrific Cesarian Scars some of the girls have.

So my question is whats up with the horrific scars from goverment hospitals do those doctors go to different medical school or is it they just dont give a shit

First of all, sorry to hear about your accident and good that you are healing well.

FarangCravings, which hospital did your friends wife go to? Just that I actually put a lot of faith in the gov hospitals here..namely Suan Dok and Lanna. I personally had a terrible experience at Ram. I guess its more down to which department and which doc.... rather than which hospital? Luck of the draw?

First of all, sorry to hear about your accident and good that you are healing well.

FarangCravings, which hospital did your friends wife go to? Just that I actually put a lot of faith in the gov hospitals here..namely Suan Dok and Lanna. I personally had a terrible experience at Ram. I guess its more down to which department and which doc.... rather than which hospital? Luck of the draw?

Not sure which hospital she went to I know it was one in Cm though as far as RAM I received excellent care the only thing I was not happy about receiving was the Bill.

OUCH :)

Is it possible your mates wife suffers from that skin condition common in Asians where scars seem to increase in size. My kids have it and they end up with scars from the smallest injury.

Well she could but I dont think so, however its not just her, I have seen some girls with cesarian scars that go from top to bottom and look terrible like they have been butchered can also you can see some of the girls that have what looks like a TB jab on the top of there arm and the scarring is terrible too, I know you can get an allergic reaction to a TB jab but some of them belie belief. Something seems not right

I think it's called keloid scarring. After the ex had an operation the surgeon recommended she avoid red meats and durian as they make the scarring worse.

Yep looks like thats it googled it and seems Asian and African americans are more at risk of keloid scarring well glad thats cleared up now all we need to know is why they cut from top to bottom for cesarians i thought that stopped in the dark ages.

Maybe this is off topic, but I just tried Suan Doc - the private hospital - because of recommendations on Thai Visa and what a waste of time. I guess that I've been spoiled by RAM, but I hated waiting around for hours to see Doctors or get tests and being scheduled for appointments 3 hours before actually being seen.

The last appointment was at noon, but the Doctor left on a lunch break and did not see me untli 2 PM. Why tell me to come in at that time if the Doctor is going to take a break?

Maybe is Suan Dok is less expensive - I am not really sure - but it was not all that cheap and my time is worth more to me that the little bit of money that I probobly saved. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I know UG, that part about Suan Dok truly sucks. THe only reason i go there is because the Doc at Bumrungrad who sorted out my health (after multiple visits to Ram over a period of months..who gave me multiple wrong diagnosis's, even after a myriad of tests, kept changing my medication, then overmedicated me and were possibly responsible for completely wrecking my thyroid. Which, if i had been given the correct medication and treatment when i first had a problem, would have likely recovered on its own. Now i need to take hormone replacement pills for the rest of my life and have regular thyroid tests..so im a tad anti-Ram) highly recommended a Doctor there. Dr Ampica and Suan Dok is well respected and is also a Lecturer. I go to Suan Dok for her, not because of the cheaper bill. Although i DO like the cheaper bill of course.

Lanna is not a govt hospital. It's a private hospital just like Ram....

I know UG, that part about Suan Dok truly sucks. THe only reason i go there is because the Doc at Bumrungrad who sorted out my health (after multiple visits to Ram over a period of months..who gave me multiple wrong diagnosis's, even after a myriad of tests, kept changing my medication, then overmedicated me and were possibly responsible for completely wrecking my thyroid. Which, if i had been given the correct medication and treatment when i first had a problem, would have likely recovered on its own. Now i need to take hormone replacement pills for the rest of my life and have regular thyroid tests..so im a tad anti-Ram) highly recommended a Doctor there. Dr Ampica and Suan Dok is well respected and is also a Lecturer. I go to Suan Dok for her, not because of the cheaper bill. Although i DO like the cheaper bill of course.

I don't blame you at all considering the circumstances, but I would blame the doctor, rather than the hospital.

I just wanted people to know that RAM has some big advantages over the competitors that I have tried over the years. I know that some people have had bad experiences, but personally, I have never been to such a pleasant, efficient hospital before and that includes back in the West. I am glad that we have them here.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I do agree that the treatment at Ram is amazing. I love the building and the way they handle patients. My experience has put me off. Im angry and upset at Ram...because i saw different Doctors too. I felt when it came to the crunch, they were all pomp. I dont dispute that many of the Doctors at Ram are likely wonderful, and that many departments are worth going to. But i feel the hospital let me down, not just the doctors, because they are responsible for employing the Doctors and making sure patients health is in good hands.

Sorry UG. I do understand however your appreciation of the hospital. I just have to be honest about my own experience.

I do understand your feelings and I am not trying to be rude, but I have been told that most of the Doctors work at both hospitals. That is why I was suprised that you prefered Suan Doc. If I have this wrong I wish someone would let me know.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I do understand your feelings and I am not trying to be rude, but I have been told that most of the Doctors work at both hospitals. That is why I was suprised that you prefered Suan Doc. If I have this wrong I wish someone would let me know.

Ooh, i didnt know that. That would be interesting to know. (and i know you werent trying to be rude, UG, no worries! :))

Once you get past a certain age you no longer care. The more horrific the scar the better. My doctor in Canada was attempting to make as little damage as possible when removing some shrapnel from my back, and I told him fill your boots with lots of slices and stitches. How else am I going to impress my grand children with stories of being a pirate or fighting creatures from outer space. :)