My New Toy - Mini Camera

prepress

Heres one of the GO-Pro cam, although I dont condone this kind of motorcycle behavior on the road :D

Ha ha! That's a good one! :D I like the wide angle and stable image of the Go Pro cam. :) I don't like how big it is though- basically the same size as a point and shoot digital camera. There are some pretty cool waterproof digital cameras out there now from the likes of Fuji and Canon that are not very expensive and take good quality video. Know of any retailers here in Thailand that sell the Go Pro or do I have to have one sent over? Ride On! Tony

Theres a camera store in seacon by the IT section that sells them, and I think theres one in MBK. But it would be alot cheaper to have one sent over. They range from 7000-9000 depending on which model. But there are better cams out there im sure.

Heres one of the GO-Pro cam, although I dont condone this kind of motorcycle behavior on the road :D

Ha ha! That's a good one! :D I like the wide angle and stable image of the Go Pro cam. :) I don't like how big it is though- basically the same size as a point and shoot digital camera. There are some pretty cool waterproof digital cameras out there now from the likes of Fuji and Canon that are not very expensive and take good quality video. Know of any retailers here in Thailand that sell the Go Pro or do I have to have one sent over? Ride On! Tony

Theres a camera store in seacon by the IT section that sells them, and I think theres one in MBK. But it would be alot cheaper to have one sent over. They range from 7000-9000 depending on which model. But there are better cams out there im sure.

The Go Pro HD costs about 12,000 to 13,000 baht from the store in Seacon.

Ah- this is a bit better. Test #2 with the MiniDV camera I've attached it to the bike and it's giving a much more stable image. Would be nice if it had a wider angle of view and image stabilization, but once again, can't be too picky for only 1800 Baht :)

Also note that I did not upload this video to YouTube in High Def as my internet connection remains F'd up... :D

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Ha ha! The Chinese instructions that come with this camera are hilarious! :)

I know Allan just bought one and sounds like others may as well so here's a little pointer for those of you who are trying to update the time and date-

You need to copy the file that's on the CD called Tag.txt onto the MicroSD card in the camera. What I did was open the file in notepad and correct the time and date and then saved the file to the MicroSD card.

Seems to have worked as the video I took yesterday shows the correct time and date.

Good luck and Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Toni,

I watched your 2 movies. They are better than mine.

Thanks for the info about correcting the date. :)

Sorry to ask you again: Is it really recording with 30FPS and 720x480 resolution.

My camera looks excactly the same. If I check my movie properties I get this:

post-54807-1265387278_thumb.png

Hi Toni,

I watched your 2 movies. They are better than mine.

Thanks for the info about correcting the date. :)

Sorry to ask you again: Is it really recording with 30FPS and 720x480 resolution.

My camera looks excactly the same. If I check my movie properties I get this:

Hi Prepress,

Yes, have confirmed resolution and frame rate:

MiniDVSpecs.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Well i thought it was well cool, thanks alot for posting that prepress, hope you post up some more.Man i sure miss the place, cant wait to be back.Big bike thanks for putting yours up to .And i must say you bike sounds well nice.

Also big bike, who is it who does the song in your first vid, with the woman singing.

Cool vids everyone ,it would be cool if you lot kept posting your vids in this thread or a bike vid thread for that matter .As for those of us not there at the moment, it really brings it all back to you seeing it all its just like being there nearly all we need now is smelly vision so we can smell thailand to lol .Thanks again everyone fo all the vids .

Edited by deon

Hey Guys,

These little MinDV cameras come in a few different variations, resolutions, frame rates, etc. Apparently ThaiCBR was quoted 2600 Baht for the camera I got for 1800 Baht... :) He must look rich or something :D

Just found this silly little vid that shows the MiniDV camera I bought at Pantip:

Ride On!

Tony

The Go Pro HD costs about 12,000 to 13,000 baht from the store in Seacon.

I bought the Go Pro Camera (HERO), what a great little thing it comes with all the attachments for your car, bike or helmet. You can put any size card into it and it will last for the life of the battery. www.goprocamera.com

Hey Guys,

These little MinDV cameras come in a few different variations, resolutions, frame rates, etc. Apparently ThaiCBR was quoted 2600 Baht for the camera I got for 1800 Baht... :) He must look rich or something :D

Just found this silly little vid that shows the MiniDV camera I bought at Pantip:

Ride On!

Tony

hahahaha. Me look rich.....na it was a different model i pointed to (an aee badged one). I got the same as Tony for the same money, 1800b.

Ah- this is a bit better. Test #2 with the MiniDV camera I've attached it to the bike and it's giving a much more stable image. Would be nice if it had a wider angle of view and image stabilization, but once again, can't be too picky for only 1800 Baht :)

Also note that I did not upload this video to YouTube in High Def as my internet connection remains F'd up... :D

Ride On!

Tony

No helmet.. Busted !! :D

Ride On!

Tony

No helmet.. Busted !! :D

LOL- yeah- thought I was just going to do a loop in the parking lot, then decided what the hel_l and nipped down the road for a bit... BTW, "Danger" is my middle name! :D

Where would you mount it on your bike, Tony?

^

Hiya Zzinged- I thought the video would be self explanatory (and you've seen my bike)... In the second vid camera is mounted to tank. Ride On! Tony

Ok... in that case what I meant to ask is how did you mount it to your bike? It's a plastic clip basically, right? Did it come with some sort of larger mount?

Went to Pantip today and picked up the same camera as BBB and Thaicbr. The guy at the shop laughed when i told him what i wanted and the price. Anyway, got it home and the directions are funny, kind of. It says wait for yellow light. I have no yellow lights - only blue and red. There's no picture to show you which button is which, and the writing on the camera is, of course, really really small. And I got no memory card with it. I'll make it back to the shop on Wednesday or Thursday, let's see how the customer service is...

Went to Pantip today and picked up the same camera as BBB and Thaicbr. The guy at the shop laughed when i told him what i wanted and the price. Anyway, got it home and the directions are funny, kind of. It says wait for yellow light. I have no yellow lights - only blue and red. There's no picture to show you which button is which, and the writing on the camera is, of course, really really small. And I got no memory card with it. I'll make it back to the shop on Wednesday or Thursday, let's see how the customer service is...

I wonder why the guy laughed...

The instructions are absolute rubbish... Hope you can figure out the camera- only 3 buttons :)

^^^ Thanks Tony - I got 2 of the 3 buttons figured out :D - have no idea what the "mode" button is for. But the video works. Battery doesn't last long though - first video was 19 minutes, second one shut down after 5. Third one I got 30 seconds. I'd post it but I didn't have it positioned well on the helmet, kind of to the side so the view would be the same as if some Thai girl was sitting side saddle on the back :D I'll keep working on it, bringing it to Pattaya Bike week, I'll try it on the ride around - last year it was a real freak show - the onlookers along Beach Road were, uh, interesting. :)

Edited by Netfan

Heres one of the GO-Pro cam, although I dont condone this kind of motorcycle behavior on the road :)

I got 2 of these, very happy with video quality! :D

Willing to sell the spare one for 6k baht, never used. Item was bought in USA at cost of $200.

Otherwise, would consider exchanging for nice black mesh jacket XL size.

Edited by CroBiker

^^^ Thanks Tony - I got 2 of the 3 buttons figured out :D - have no idea what the "mode" button is for. But the video works. Battery doesn't last long though - first video was 19 minutes, second one shut down after 5. Third one I got 30 seconds. I'd post it but I didn't have it positioned well on the helmet, kind of to the side so the view would be the same as if some Thai girl was sitting side saddle on the back :D I'll keep working on it, bringing it to Pattaya Bike week, I'll try it on the ride around - last year it was a real freak show - the onlookers along Beach Road were, uh, interesting. :)

LOL! No need to mess with the Mode button unless you want to use it as a spy camera and then you press the mode button and the camera is activated by sound- leave it in an empty room and if someone makes some noise the camera will switch on. (the mind boggles at all the devious things one could do with that feature) :D

Sounds like you have a problem with your battery as my battery lasts longer than it takes to fill the 4Gb memory card (which is about 45-50 minutes of video). Did you charge you camera with the wall charger or the USB on your computer. If your leave the camera plugged into your computer with the computer off it can actually drain the battery in the camera (I learned that a while back with an MP3 player). It may look like the device is charging, but if the computer is off it can actually run the battery down.

Have taken some pretty good videos riding up in Nan this weekend but will wait until I get home to edit them as this little laptop that I carry on rides really struggles with video editing.

Pretty happy with this cheap little camera and think I'll buy another as the 4Gb memory card fills up after only ~45 minuted of video. I think it can also accept an 8Gb memory card, but not sure if the battery will last long enough to fill an 8Gb card? Probably easiest to just buy another camera and when the first camera is full switch to the second.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK