Post Office Charges

JAS21

So I left my laptop charger at a hotel in Kanchanaburi. My wife phoned them and arranged for it to be posted to her. The hotel said they would send it postage paid on receipt..fairs fair I thought.

So when it dodn't arrive after four days my wife phoned the Post Office and they said ... we have it, you need to come and collect it and the cost is 230baht. Bit steep I thought.

So we go and they eventually find the package..there is an EMS sticker on and the postage shows 112.70 baht. Someone had written on the package 230 Baht. I asked my wife to query this and also asked for a receipt. She just asked for a receipt and they said can't at the weekend come back Monday.

So have we been overcharged as they realised from her name that she is married to a foriegner? 117.30 baht seems a funny charge. Or would I expect to pay that much extra for the service?

Anyone any experience of collecting....thanks

You paid less than $8 to get your charger back. What are you worried about?

Read more carefully sunshine!...my query is about the extra charge that the local post office applied...is it genuine or tea money? I just wanted to know. Did you really need to comment!! You must be really bored or boring.

i guess they charged you for that. i get packages from bkk every week. some are just 1ß2 kilos, others are 6 kilos and more. i never pay more than 100-150 for those packages shipping and they are sent via EMS also.

i don´t know if the post office charges for the packaging or if they are free, but i get my packages also sent with new packages and not used ones.