Tourist Visa Help

Hi everyone,

Just need abit advice on thai tourist visa please.

In the Summer I will be flying into bangkok and jumping straight onto a flight to Vietnam (I will be picking my luggage up in bkk airport and checking them onto my vietnam flight) for a few days then fly back into Bangkok and head down to Pattaya. I will be away a total of 6 weeks.

When I apply for my Thai tourist visa how many entries do I put down because when I arrive in bangkok from UK I am jumping straight on a plane to vietnam so my 30 day thai stamp will go straight away(Because I am leaving Thailand for Vietnam) and then when I arrive back in bkk from Vietnam I will be staying in Thailand for another 5 weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated

Check first with the airport if they can't connect you to the flight without going through customs and immigration. But I guess you already did that.

Apply for 2 entries, as officialy you cannot save a visa for a later date. Some immigration officials are leanient, but we see reports that they become stricter and it is not something you can count on. So if you have to enter Thailand for your connecting flight you might need to use your visa and need another visa for your return to Thailand.

Another option is to apply for a free tourist visa while in Vietnam. Might take some time from your trip there, but saves money.

Edit: in the UK use the consulate in Hull for your visa.

Air Asia is a point to point carrier. You will need to clear immigration and then check-in for onward flight in Bangkok.

Would suggest you consider using the honorary consulate at Liverpool and obtain double entry tourist visa. This report indicates they are free, whereas only single entry visa is free at Hull.

Liverpool consulate: http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/