Girls Point Of View - Are Prostitutes Annoying?

GummyBear

I judge a person from the inside after I get to know them

You sound like a contender for the title of Miss World, Brit.

The last question they are asked, what do you want to change in this world?

I want world peace, giggling (eh, eh, nobody thought about that before)

:)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a hard one for me Brit. Im really filled with mixed opinions when it comes to that "scene". Its probably best for me to not to make a comment because i cant stand my ground on it..its wayyyyy too shaky a topic for me. So i'll quit while im ahead! :D

--

Dont worry farangrakthai, i didnt shoot yet. :)

Eek- Guess I am immune. Your description is certainly true, but I don't look down at people based on physical traits. I judge a person from the inside after I get to know them. Remember these are people who just want a bit of happiness. Sure its fantasy and most likely short term, but who am I to begrudge them?

The OP is a tourist - not someone who's lived here for many years and is so accustomed to the sight they don't even notice any more.

You're missing the point - yes, these are people who "just want a bit of happiness". I'd be the first to accept that both parties get what they want from the relationship.

I'm just looking back at how I felt as a tourist.

Eek- Guess I am immune. Your description is certainly true, but I don't look down at people based on physical traits.

Really? So what if you were in a bar with your buddies, and a really fat woman came over talk to you? Or an ugly one? Or one with really bad buck teeth? Or one with some beard action going on? Would you be as nice as you would to the beautiful women?

^sure I am amicable to everyone I meet and I have no problem chatting to anyone you describe. Looks fade away - what is on the inside is what matters most to people. :)

Yes, and what's in the 'inside' of most old farang/young Thai woman relationships is money. In fact any relationship involving a farang/thai.

You think otherwise. :D

Most of us who have been here for a while think otherwise.

well most relationships are about dosh, doesnt necessarily have to be farang/thai, can easily be thai/thai or farang/farang. One of the leading causes for divorce is money issues. :)

What I am saying merely is treat people the same without any preconceptions.

The difference is that in the West most women are looking for love, not money.

Its just the way it is. People know the way things are here - other than those newbies who've found the love of their life. :D Which brings us back to the original post about prostitutes....

Edited by F1fanatic

I can't say I have a response to this at all as I have only ever gone into one of those singing girls establshments that caters exclusively to Thais years ago when my husband's cousin's husband dragged us along. The girls are, I am to understand, available but certainly never came onto my husband , and spent most the evening chatting with me or the cousin's husband (the man paying the bills). It was an interesting experience and I found the women to be very friendly and they certainly never behaved in an inappropriate way with my husband.

That said, the times I do have women hitting on my husband has not been in bars but rather out in public. Not sure if I am invisible, or they think I am his disposable girlfriend?

I remember when I used to holiday here (but we never went to bars), and we found the old farangs with young Thai women revolting, but managed to put it out of our mind (s?).

How very gracious of you to put such thoughts out of your mind.

Thank you for also correcting centuries of misconceptions, where many people erroneously believe that the purpose of life is happiness, and that most people simply want to be happy and are doing what they can towards that aim - according of course to the hands they have been dealt in their lives.

I must confess, I'm one of those short sighted people who hadn't realised that the most of us are simply there to provide aesthetically pleasing views to judgemental individuals who lack the empathy to walk in another's shoes.

^sure I am amicable to everyone I meet and I have no problem chatting to anyone you describe. Looks fade away - what is on the inside is what matters most to people. :)

Yes, and what's in the 'inside' of most old farang/young Thai woman relationships is money. In fact any relationship involving a farang/thai.

Two revelations in one day....

In my short-sightedness I'd never seen that "any relationship involving a farang/ thai" has money "inside" it. So my wife, family, friends are all really just after my money? It seems I simply haven't been here "for a while" like "most" of you. I shall look at Thailand in a whole new light in future... thank you.

I'd be grateful for one small clarification. Does that apply to my children as well? They're only half Thai. Does that mean they are only partially in it for the money?

Perhaps I should start to wander and move on again. I'm obviously not seeing Thailand the I "should", and my thoughts tend to echo people like Britmaverics'.

Two revelations in one day....

In my short-sightedness I'd never seen that "any relationship involving a farang/ thai" has money "inside" it. So my wife, family, friends are all really just after my money? It seems I simply haven't been here "for a while" like "most" of you. I shall look at Thailand in a whole new light in future... thank you.

I'd be grateful for one small clarification. Does that apply to my children as well? They're only half Thai. Does that mean they are only partially in it for the money?

Perhaps I should start to wander and move on again. I'm obviously not seeing Thailand the I "should", and my thoughts tend to echo people like Britmaverics'.

Good grief - how sensitive are you on this subject??? And why?

If you honestly believe that the vast majority of old farang man/thai woman relationships aren't based on money you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

As I said before, BOTH parties are getting what they want from the relationship so nobody can object. I'm not saying your relationship is the same, you may well be married to a hi-so Thai.

That said, the times I do have women hitting on my husband has not been in bars but rather out in public. Not sure if I am invisible, or they think I am his disposable girlfriend?

Im relieved to hear it happens the other way around too. Thought it was just a thai male thing. What was it that guy wrote.. "licentiousness the main pleasure of them all"

Im relieved to hear it happens the other way around too. Thought it was just a thai male thing. What was it that guy wrote.. "licentiousness the main pleasure of them all"

That was my mistake - I didn't go to the bars with my husband. I thought he was just going 'out' with farang friends in the same way he would in the UK (having only been here for 4 months!)

Little did I realise that his 'friends' (who all had Thai wives and looking for moral support for their decisions) were telling him how wonderful the Thai women were and egging him on to screw around with the women who were only to happy to tell him he was 'so hansum' even though he was married......

I'm not complaining,that's life (in Thailand).

In the West most men (that come here) can't attract a partner - here its SOOOO easy......

Edited by F1fanatic

One of my favourite Patong places to have a drink is filled with BGs. After a couple years there, I have met their Thai bfs, their farang bfs and alot of their kids. The ladies work the bar primarily for economic reasons and alot of them still possess their humanity. The girls seem alot happier and more sincere when a farang family or couple comes in with kids. Despite having to look for a customer they always gravitate to the family or couple. Maybe it's because it allows the girls to function more as hostesses or to be treated as something rather than a slab of meat, but I have never ever seen one of the girls act inappropriately. If there is some attempt at hanky panky, it won't be coming from a BG. Those ladies are not looking for trouble.

One of my favourite Patong places to have a drink is filled with BGs. After a couple years there, I have met their Thai bfs, their farang bfs and alot of their kids. The ladies work the bar primarily for economic reasons and alot of them still possess their humanity. The girls seem alot happier and more sincere when a farang family or couple comes in with kids. Despite having to look for a customer they always gravitate to the family or couple. Maybe it's because it allows the girls to function more as hostesses or to be treated as something rather than a slab of meat, but I have never ever seen one of the girls act inappropriately. If there is some attempt at hanky panky, it won't be coming from a BG. Those ladies are not looking for trouble.

Of course not. That's why I found out (a long time later) that the Thai woman who came round to give me a massage was screwing him!

Clearly she wasn't looking for trouble - she had nothing to lose. Not even going to go into ex-husband's motivation - he obviously knew I was too naive and trusting to realise what was going on.

I'm not complaining,that's life (in Thailand).

In the West most men (that come here) can't attract a partner - here its SOOOO easy......

Hmm, easy come, easy go.

I think thats rather cruel Farangrakthai. I think in most relationships people want honesty and trust and (unless otherwise agreed upon) hope forexpect fidelity. F1 didnt give her husband a hard time, she trusted him to go out with his mates and have a fun time... not go messing around behind her back. How the woman could go sleep with F1's husband then unashamedly go give F1 a massage is beyond me really. No one wants to feel like they are 'throwaway' in most relationships.

Oh wait..maybe i read you wrong..are you saying that the easy relationships come easy and go easy? ..if thats the case then apologies! Actually..i think now thats what you are saying. Hah! Sry. I get it..and ..i agree.

It's easy in west to attract as in the east. Well you do have more choices in the East that I do agree with you on, however that being said I think most lads here can easily have relationships in the West if that is what they are looking for, but they can't be that selective or they end up alone.

Maybe if people really understood why some of these girls do what they do, is to Live , Not because they like doing what they do I see it as Abuse to girls by perverts, Sorry just my view not intended to flame.Obviously a girl should have a more sympathetic outlook and not be to Judgmental on first looks.

Exactly , because perverts who molest young girls young enough to be there granddaughters, let alone daughter offer them Half a months wages, Not misconception , How many would stay just for the Sun sea and sand. Not a lot they are sex tourists. There should be an Internet site that puts mens photos on that use the girls , just like the men who post the picturs of there latest abuse girl,

Exactly , because perverts who molest young girls young enough to be there granddaughters, let alone daughter offer them Half a months wages, Not misconception , How many would stay just for the Sun sea and sand. Not a lot they are sex tourists. There should be an Internet site that puts mens photos on that use the girls , just like the men who post the picturs of there latest abuse girl,

Nice to see another narrow minded, hypocritical bigot here spouting off. :) I just KNEW there are people around who hate sex, and everyone who DOES enjoy sex. :D

We seem to have gotten off topic and into debates about prostitution.

OP is asking about travel to Phuket.

Phuket is a large island with many different areas. There are places full of bars, prostitutes etc, beaches full of nud_e/semi-nud_e European tourists...and places with neither.

I recommend Cape Panwa as a very nice spot for families and (bathing-suit wearing) couples.

Would definitely give Patong and environs a miss.

We seem to have gotten off topic and into debates about prostitution.

OP is asking about travel to Phuket.

Phuket is a large island with many different areas. There are places full of bars, prostitutes etc, beaches full of nud_e/semi-nud_e European tourists...and places with neither.

I recommend Cape Panwa as a very nice spot for families and (bathing-suit wearing) couples.

Would definitely give Patong and environs a miss.

Good reply, Sheryl! People forget that Phuket is an island that is over 40 km long. Lots to see and do besides Patong beach with all the larcenous tuk tuk drivers and over priced hotels and food outlets.