Glasses Prescription?

smacko

need to get my glasses prescription renewed.

i'm heading back to LOS at some point this year, and i'm wondering if its worth waiting...

does anyone know the cost of lenses in LOS?

cost be about 160AUD last time i got them done. :o

Eye test........as above free. My glasses are sun darkening Varifocals. With Longines frames I paid around ฿20,000. Only slightly cheaper than UK. Normal glasses,frames and eye test thrown in around ฿3,000.............reading glasses about ฿200. Basically it's the same as anywhere. You get what you pay for. For just a run-of-the-mill pair of prescription glasses it's a lot,lot cheaper. Top of the range,about the same as Europe.

I use Zeiss glass to cut down the thickness of the lenses. Last time I was in Bangkok I went to an ordinary looking opticians shop, not in a mall. The price of these lenses was about under 50% of the UK price and the designer frames were also cheaper. If you need a special prescription I would certainly get it done in LOS.

How long does it take to get your glasses ready? If you came in the morning, chose the frame and lenses, would the glasses be ready in the afternoon?

For ordinary reading lenses, my wife usually goes back one hour later and they are ready.

For my progressive lenses, around 4 days; it seems that shops don't have the equipment to do it, they are made elsewhere.

If you are in Bangkok, I recommend one optician in the Amarin Plaza: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12275&hl= (read the whole thread)

Eye test........as above free. My glasses are sun darkening Varifocals. With Longines frames I paid around ฿20,000. Only slightly cheaper than UK. Normal glasses,frames and eye test thrown in around ฿3,000.............reading glasses about ฿200. Basically it's the same as anywhere. You get what you pay for. For just a run-of-the-mill pair of prescription glasses it's a lot,lot cheaper. Top of the range,about the same as Europe.

Much more expensive in the States. I just got glasses, no glar, none scratch for $250 Dollars( with out the exam). I should of waited untill I got to Thailand!