Update: Wii Prices In Bkk

tonititan

Hi,

I posted a couple months ago asking about current Wii prices in BKK. Between the responses I got, and the other searching I did on TV, I got a pretty big range of responses. I really didn't know what to expect when I actually started shopping around. I finally bought a Wii, and just in case anyone else is thinking about getting one, I thought I'd share what I found when I went to MBK to buy one...

I had trouble finding the right section, but once I found the tech area on the 4th floor, there were lots of little shops and stands selling them. The asking price for just the Wii console ranged from 7900 to 9500 for a chipped model. Most were in the 8000-8500 range. Some of those came with games thrown in, and some did not. I ended up paying 12,000 baht for a Wii console, a Wii Fit balance board, 15 games of my choice, and an extra controller/nunchuck set. I believe that it was a Japanese/Korean model, although there was an English instruction manual included, and the menu on the t.v. screen is in English. The only thing not in English was the instruction manual for the balance board. However, that was with with practically no negotiating (I don't like doing it, speak limited Thai, and I'm a terrible negotiator!), so someone who is a better negotiator would most likely pay less.

I know that I cannot take the Wii back home with me to the US when I leave, and that the 60 baht games won't work on an original Wii (right?). But, I'm wondering, does anyone know if I can bring the balance board and/or the controllers back to hook up with a US console? Thanks.

• 1 month later...