How Do You Make A Living In Thailand ?

Gary A

Where do your funds come from ?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I put on the last choice is because of an old Norwegian fart who moved here because he got kicked out of all the nursing homes he was put into. He was a cantankerous old guy who kept telling his family that he wanted to live here in the Kingdom and not in any nursing home. The last I knew he was doing just fine here and had thrown his wheelchair away. :o

Working in a office 5.5 days a week in BKK  :o  however, better than working in a office back in London  :D

True True

And the Bangkok traffic is preferable to that in LA or Houston! :D

...only worse

I always HATED that half day on Saturday. :o Sure beat working in the states though. Now I do nothing and I do it VERY well. :D

Working in a office 5.5 days a week in BKK  :D  however, better than working in a office back in London  :D

I always HATED that half day on Saturday.  :o Sure beat working in the states though. Now I do nothing and I do it VERY well.  :D
Working in a office 5.5 days a week in BKK  :D  however, better than working in a office back in London  :D

Yeah, I don’t mind so much, anyway I really do appreciate how fortunate I am to be working here. Mind you, I do work bloody hard and it can be quite frustrating at times being the only farang out of 200 or so!

Still have to work 3 months per year in the oilfields of the Middle East, when it all goes to plan I'd be working right now, because it's too hot here, but 'Murphys Law' always arranges my contracts for OCT-FEB.

Hope one day to live on interest from savings, but the best U.K. rates are 5% gross, so I either have to triple my savings or hope for the BOE to push up the base rate.

Anyone know anything about these adverts for 'do a few hours work on your PC for big cash'?

I was given some advice years ago before I came here and that was 'If you want to make a small fortune in Thailand,arrive with a big one'

But I do try to make a living levering money out of tightwads pockets.

Still have to work 3 months per year in the oilfields of the Middle East, when it all goes to plan I'd be working right now, because it's too hot here, but 'Murphys Law' always arranges my contracts for OCT-FEB.

Yeah right, it's only a fukcing cold 40 degrees C today in Saudi and blowing frigging sand everywhere. With summer on the way it can only get better.

Sorry Pat, I guess I should have put Thai company/school.  :o
No teaching option?

Not for me personally, but I feel some may have felt left out.

Thanks, DJ.

That poll caught me at a transition. I'm living off the pensions now, although for two years the school teaching has paid a lot of bills.