Retirement Visa Ok Today But 90d Stamp Due In 7 Days

THAIPHUKET

Were you told the same as me?

When I did my retirement extension a week or so ago I was told I had to do a 90 day reporting on the date my retirement extension started - 12th Feb. This was despite doing a 90 day reporting early in January. Interesting the 90 day form has 12th Feb stamped on it.

I plan to go on the 12th, if I do have to do a 90 day then it seems the rules have changed.

Might be more that the office sets it's own rules. The rules didn't change, as far as I know.

The norm is that you report every 90 days, Only the first extension of stay is considered a 90 day report and you should report every 90 days after that, as long as you don't leave the country. Reporting and dng an extension are two seperate things after the first extension.

Normaly you have 7 days before and after the reporting day to make your report.

Ok, in December I renewed my Non-O Marriage Extension, taking the wife, copies of marriage certificate, etc., etc. But today I was talking with another American expat who live in the same housing development, and he told me that when he went in January, they told him they have changed things, and done away with the "Marriage Extension", and now everything is basically just a "retirement visa" type deal, and that he doesn't have to bring his wife, marriage documents, etc. any more. And that they're not checking bank account balances as long as you can show the minimum 40,000 baht a month income. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Were you told the same as me?

Yes! did my 90 day reporting in Pattaya yesterday, was reminded that my retirement extension is up for renewal on 28th April but told me I can come any day after 1st April (nothing new here) then he said next 90 day due 1st May but you can do same time as you do retirement extension in April so yes a change from previous years!

There is a disconnect between the 90 day report, and a renewal of an extension.

Leave the country, even for 10 minutes at Mae Sai to buy DVD's- the 90 day report clock starts anew.

Stay continuously in the country- 90 days does not exactly coincide with your yearly renewal.

I've been here 4 yrs on a retirement extension. I have had 90 day reporting schedule totally at variance with my extension, due to leaving the country, the fact that 90 days times 4 equals 360, and a year has 365 days, etc.

Stay in country- report every 90 days, irregardless of your visa/extension date.

Leave country- report 90 days after your re-entry, irregardless of your visa/extension date.

And if the above posts are correct, well...they've moved the goal posts again, which won't be the first time. :)

YES there is a change.........

My 90 day report is due 7th Feb, went yesterday morning.......

For the past 6 years the 90 days has always run 90 days from last stamp. [have always been 4 - 7 days before due date] but yesterday they stamped it 90 days from yesterday. I asked the Officer, he said new change

He said now you can do 90days report anytime before due date, but will run 90 days from the day you report..

So with this info = if your extension of stay is done a week or 3 before the 90 days reporting is due you can also do the 90 reporting at the same time.. this I believe will be a big help to some that live far from a Immigration Office.. [OLD way was max 7days before due date]

I went to immigration for my 90 day report 27 January. He stamped Jan 26 and my new date April 24. So in reality they gave me just 87 days. Every year it's the same, they don't know that February has 28 days.

Last year I had to go to a Bangkokhospital for a month for a high dose chemo and stemceltransplant and before I left I went to immigration for my 90 day report 12 days(5 days early) before renewal date. I told them that I had to go to hospital but they refused to renew. My wife had to send the papers from Bangkok to Chiang Mai one week later.

I keep smiling but sometimes it's difficult.

The 90 day is treated as an entirely separate matter to a renewal.

Two years ago I was due a week after my yearly renewal so I asked if the renewal counted as reporting for 90 day.

No I had to do different paperwork at same time as renewal to qualify for 90 day.

This year due to UK visit I had over two months to next 90 day so treated as normal 90 day.

john