Is It Cheaper/better To Call From Us > Thailand, Or Thailand > Us

dblaisde

CATcom phone card is a good deal for making calls from Thailand to US. i have been using them for 3 years. Calls are crystal clear. 1000 baht gives you 15-16 hours worth of call time which does not expire, meaning that you only get charged for the minutes used. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

CATcom phone card is a good deal for making calls from Thailand to US. i have been using them for 3 years. Calls are crystal clear. 1000 baht gives you 15-16 hours worth of call time which does not expire, meaning that you only get charged for the minutes used. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Hi Mizzi Where do I need to go for a cat card I am in Pattaya. They have an office in Pattaya or can the phonecard be obtained anywhere else. Since Skype does not work this would be great for me to use.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Mizzi Where do I need to go for a cat card I am in Pattaya. They have an office in Pattaya or can the phonecard be obtained anywhere else. Since Skype does not work this would be great for me to use.

Thanks

Barry

There is usually a CATcom office at "The Mall". Sorry, but I am not really familiar with Pattaya. You can also get a PIN through the Bangkok Bank via there ATM. This is what my wife does. If you do not have an account with Bangkok Bank you can probably buy a PIN direct from the teller. Anyway check around, i am sure that there is a CATcom office in Pattaya. possibly more than one, since they are all over Thailand.

Thanks

Barry

Why does Skype not work? I have the world wide package which Thailand is a part of the package. I think my monthly bill is about 25 euros for unlimited talking and cell phones in Thailand are included. Plus I have a US number from skype so my kids can call me anytime at no charge to them. I just leave skype on all day like it is a normal phone no problems

I use skype with my computer. It is only 1 Cent a min and the sound quality is great. It is free if you call another computer. I recommend it highly, new software is so good you get a great sound even with not so fast internet speed

Thanks Mizzi,

I will try at the Cat office or Bangkok bank.

Why does Skype not work? I have the world wide package which Thailand is a part of the package. I think my monthly bill is about 25 euros for unlimited talking and cell phones in Thailand are included. Plus I have a US number from skype so my kids can call me anytime at no charge to them. I just leave skype on all day like it is a normal phone no problems

I only use a cell phone for a modem as it is over what I am willing to pay for 3 kilos of phone cable & the install. I live in the undeveloped sticks & put in Electricity & My own water source. I would be stoked to pay the 800 baht for high speed as I had in Pattaya in 2004&2005. I have a skype acct. but have to go to patters to use.

If you are living in Thailand and have family in the US go online and order a Magicjack and have it sent to your family in the US. Then ask your family to mail it to you. A Magicjack plugs into the USB of your computer. It is assigned a US phone number and gives you unlimited calls to the US and Canada for something like $20.00 USD a year. If you have a DSL computer connection the quality is pretty good. If you have any more questions about it PM me.

Thanks

Barry

I agree with beardog. I've had skype for 4 years and have never been able to get it to work properly. Of course it may be that I'm on a sattelite connection, but they have not been able to get the system to work for me.