Tax Re-inbursement At Airport Question

jef

I bought diving equipment and can claim 7k baht tax return at Dong Muang airport when leaving LOS later this month. But I will return for diving and don't need to carry that heavy stuff back and forth. Weight problem for luggage....

Anyone can clarify me the exact procedure at the airport?

Do I Need to show the goods?

I could give the stuff at the airport to a friend staying in LOS.

Thanks for help

I bought diving equipment and can claim 7k baht tax return at Dong Muang airport when leaving LOS later this month. But I will return for diving and don't need to carry that heavy stuff back and forth. Weight problem for luggage....

Anyone can clarify me the exact procedure at the airport?

Do I Need to show the goods?

I could give the stuff at the airport to a friend staying in LOS.

Thanks for help

Hi Jef

To claim your VAT back you HAVE to export the items because if you leave the items in country you are not entitled to claim the tax back.

To claim your VAT back you must first show the items at the VAT refund desk at the check in side of the airport where you will be given a form to claim the refund. You then pass through immigration, passport control etc to the air side of the terminal and go to the VAT refund counter there, give them the form and you will get your VAT back.

If you don't go to the counter before check in you cannot come back through and start again once you are on the other side.

I forgot the first step and did not get 1,500 Baht back. My fault and nobody elses.

The reason for that first step is to confirm that you have the items with you and to give you a chance to pack them in your case if you so wish.

Edited by billd766