Atm Bank Error, Didnt Give Me Any Money But My Balance Was Deducted.

Thing is, I don't have a receipt. Was never given a chance to request one. I've already called my own bank and they have lodged a case on it. They said it can take up to 45 days to get the money back as they need to liaise with AEON. I really hope it's not that long. Will going to AEON and telling them my case help?

It's happened to me twice and both times I had to notify the bank and wait 14 days before my money was returned. As it happened at the same ATM twice I thought something fishy was going on..but the bank staff said it was a "communication error" and that I should avoid using the ATM "at the beginning, in the middle of or at the end of the day"

It's happened to me twice and both times I had to notify the bank and wait 14 days before my money was returned. As it happened at the same ATM twice I thought something fishy was going on..but the bank staff said it was a "communication error" and that I should avoid using the ATM "at the beginning, in the middle of or at the end of the day"

Nice of them to let you know that you have a short window roundabout 6am and 6 pm to withdraw your money safely!

I would contact Aeon and informed them of the incident together with the address of the ATM machine including the date and time of withdrawal;

all withdrawals are recorded and if the cash in the ATM balance do not tally, they are aware of the problem; it is up to the user of the faulty machine to inform Aeon

The same has happened to me on two occasions, both at the same ATM at the Bank of Ayudhya, I took the receipt and a copy of my bank statement showing the deduction into the bank.

They told me to contact my bank to let them know that they would be contacted by the Bank of Ayudhya, they didn't even ask for proof of the deduction.

The money was credited within two weeks.

Good luck

This happened to me last week at The Bank of Ayudhya, Chaing Mai. I did receive a Transaction Record receipt indicating that zero was dispensed. So I took that and a copy of my UK bank statement showing that the amount had been deducted from my internet banking and took it to the manager who put me through to their customer relations in Bangkok. They ask me to write ito them which I did and listed what all this had cost me. Within eight hours they called me and agreed to pay all my costs and compensation...a very fair amount! Take time and complain and seek compensation (ie other ATM costs, telephone calls to your home bank, inconvenience etc etc)

The ATM debit was reversed in four days

Edited by warrenfunnell

This happened some weeks ago at Aeon machine tesco n pattaya(see my thread) staff were nice but waste of time ,i instructed my bank and the money was returned ,but i was told that it could take months to get to the bottom of it and the money could be recovered from me if Aeon didnt own up.

I work in the Debit card business and we see this on a regular basis that the ATM malfunctions.

Wait a couple of days and it might be credited back to your account by the owner of the ATM if this does not happen and they are not helpful you should contact the bank that issued the card then they will charge back the transactions for money not dispensed it can be a lengthy process of up to 60 days but in most cases the bank that owns the ATM will not contest the charge back because they can see there is a surplus in the ATM.

Our card holders are most often told by the bank owning the ATM to contact the issuing bank so don't be surprised if the bank is not cooperating

I work in the Debit card business and we see this on a regular basis that the ATM malfunctions.

Wait a couple of days and it might be credited back to your account by the owner of the ATM if this does not happen and they are not helpful you should contact the bank that issued the card then they will charge back the transactions for money not dispensed it can be a lengthy process of up to 60 days but in most cases the bank that owns the ATM will not contest the charge back because they can see there is a surplus in the ATM.

Our card holders are most often told by the bank owning the ATM to contact the issuing bank so don't be surprised if the bank is not cooperating

I see most say no problem but I would file a police report - no cost for that & harder for bank to discount your statement.

Happened to me 2 yrs ago, but that was SCB's machine. Went to the coppers to report, and almost got robbed. Called the bank to report the problem, but couldn't get through, so I went to a branch in a mall. They called, and I was told the money will be refunded if they check and find it in the machine. Got refunded 3 days later. Friend of mine got refunded last month as well.

Good luck.

This happened to me in Hong kong @ Standard chartered, with a HSBC card. these systems have video and the ATM has an elaborate log.

Make a stink, you should be fine. You know a Thai to make the calls? Maybe involve the Tourist Police? I could provide a phone number and an e-mail address.

The log should tell the truth - relax. (I worked for NCR, not sure if this was a NCR ATM).

Chris

Happened with Bank of Ayudhya a few weeks ago.

No money came out, but booked at my account. The ATM gave a receipt which clearly stated that nothing was dispensed.

Went immediately into the branch: "No can". Called the head office: "No can". Emailed my issuing bank: "No can, send letter and all documentation of the case!"

Sent letter by registered mail to my home bank. 3 weeks later, money was returned.

What a hassle!