Stupid Isp Blocking Sites

Sabum

Im just venting, nothing anyone says will help really. My apartment building uses a middle man, they charge 900 baht a month for 500 kb, ridiculous I know, True charges 599 baht a month for 3mb! My building does this so they can take a cut of the action, like they do for everything else. Actually getting True myself in my own apartment would be the answer.... if it wasnt next to impossible to get True to actually sell their services in a timely and easy fashion! It was a nightmare getting them to actually come and set me up at my office and now at my apartment? Forget about it.

Anyway, that is not the problem. My middle man isp blocks torrents, fair enough, I had to accept that years ago. But they also block the word TRACKER. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGG..... after the 10th time trying to search for phrases that contain the word tracker and having it error out with a message saying it is blocked I am ready to get on the roof with my rifle and become a headline news story. Idiots dont care that the word tracker can be used for many different things and not just torrents and just keep it blocked and no explaining to them that they do not understand the use of the word will change anything. q5]fhgdfarhqu l8798pg9p7fcdi75sye4tw y i8k6l7g9o s646u s6 6s6s4s6 6 su 6us u56 That is me smashing my head into my keyboard, I cant flucking take it anymore. Goddamn......

Well I feel better having vented, thanks for your time.

Why don't you invest in a USB internet connection device that way you will be independent of your in-house limited and restricted supply.

The cost of a SOLOMON USB modem at Tuckom in Pattaya is around 3000 baht and at 460.8kbps is not that different from the speed your getting.

This is the link for info

http://www.solomon.co.th

SOLOMON SEGM-520 MODEM

Surfing the Internet without Boundaries

The one of a kind Solomon USB EDGE Modem has a built-in USB interface, just simply plug it into any notebook or desktop computer and you will be able to get connected with the internet through the GSM network. Real-time business transaction, send and receive emails, browsing Web database…etc., all in your hands. With the help of Solomon USB EDGE Modem, you can maintain your top mobility, easy access to the internet no matter where you are. It can be used on

a train, in a subway, or in a car just like you are using a physical phone line!

The Most Universal Interface – USB

Solomon USB EDGE Modem is the first of its kind to make use of the USB interface for

the computer to connect to the internet. It takes the DC power directly from the USB interface so there won't be any charging device required.

Key Features

- Application: Internet (High Speed Internet Access up to 460.8 kbps), SMS, MMS, E-mail, Fax

- USB 2.0 interface (no battery required)

- Phonebook Editing (both on SIM & PC)

- Plug & Play

General Specifications

Frequency: Quad – Band GSM900/1800 MHz, GSM850/1900 MHz

Networks: GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM1800, GSM1900

Data Standard: EDGE Class 10, Multi-slot classes 1-9 up to 236.8Kbps.

GPRS Class 10, coding schemes 1-4 up to 85.6Kbps.

USB Type: USB 2.0 +5V DC (full speed)

SIM card interface: 3.0V interface

Operating Systems: Window 2000/XP Home/XP Pro

Dimensions (L x W x H): 109.3mm x 42.7mm x 17.7mm

Weight: 42g

Edited by nam-thip

What website exactly are you looking for that include the word 'tracker' which is not related to torrent? Maybe you can have the add an exception to the proxy rules?

I don't like regulating the Internet, but at the same time I also don't like people sucking up the whole bandwidth on a shared connection. Blocking certain websites is just one of the means to ensure that everyone can browse the web and check their mail.

If just all torrent applications would respect the ports assigned to them, so they could be traffic shaped more easily, there would be no need to block those IP/sites. Yes, I know that there are package sniffing tools that can somewhat detect non-encrypted p2p packages.

I would change my apartment. That one seems to have no regard for the customers. They are ripping you off on that internet, it's really taking the piss. 350-500 baht a month for shared 5 to 16Mb wifi line is pretty common in apartments catering for Thais and it will be many times faster than Edge.

niller74 - There isn't any problem with allowing anyone to use torrents, video streaming, or any other popular service - that is after all why they are paying for the bloody service in the first place!!! They just have to have an effective QOS system on their router to regulate it, that's all. It's not exactly rocket science!

I don't know where you are, but in Bangkok you can often acces TRUE's "green" wifi network from your apartment.

Edited by stolidfeline

Why don't you invest in a USB internet connection device that way you will be independent of your in-house limited and restricted supply.

The cost of a SOLOMON USB modem at Tuckom in Pattaya is around 3000 baht and at 460.8kbps is not that different from the speed your getting.

This is the link for info

http://www.solomon.co.th

SOLOMON SEGM-520 MODEM

Surfing the Internet without Boundaries

The one of a kind Solomon USB EDGE Modem has a built-in USB interface, just simply plug it into any notebook or desktop computer and you will be able to get connected with the internet through the GSM network. Real-time business transaction, send and receive emails, browsing Web database…etc., all in your hands. With the help of Solomon USB EDGE Modem, you can maintain your top mobility, easy access to the internet no matter where you are. It can be used on

a train, in a subway, or in a car just like you are using a physical phone line!

The Most Universal Interface – USB

Solomon USB EDGE Modem is the first of its kind to make use of the USB interface for

the computer to connect to the internet. It takes the DC power directly from the USB interface so there won't be any charging device required.

Key Features

- Application: Internet (High Speed Internet Access up to 460.8 kbps), SMS, MMS, E-mail, Fax

- USB 2.0 interface (no battery required)

- Phonebook Editing (both on SIM & PC)

- Plug & Play

General Specifications

Frequency: Quad – Band GSM900/1800 MHz, GSM850/1900 MHz

Networks: GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM1800, GSM1900

Data Standard: EDGE Class 10, Multi-slot classes 1-9 up to 236.8Kbps.

GPRS Class 10, coding schemes 1-4 up to 85.6Kbps.

USB Type: USB 2.0 +5V DC (full speed)

SIM card interface: 3.0V interface

Operating Systems: Window 2000/XP Home/XP Pro

Dimensions (L x W x H): 109.3mm x 42.7mm x 17.7mm

Weight: 42g

Objection !

EDGE GPRS has many limitations, all applications that requiere a stream (GPRS send information via 'packages') like VOIP calling, videostreams can't be used or not used properly.

I suggest go for the CDMA 3G usb stick from CAT TELECOM or HUTCH (depending where you live) and get 3GB inernet without a cable.

For the USB stick you ay around 6.000b, then you pay 700/month.

This USB stick can be used on every pc and at every location.

I moved to CAT CDMA for home use only (I dislike notebooks) and it's way better that the ever troublesome Maxnet/3T/3BB or whatever that is called now.

What website exactly are you looking for that include the word 'tracker' which is not related to torrent? Maybe you can have the add an exception to the proxy rules

GOOGLE, I use google to search for (my latest headsmashing episode) money tracker because I was looking for information an on iphone app whose name I've forgotten but I know it contained the word money and tracker. They block ANY use of the word tracker, its ridiculous!

Objection !

I suggest go for the CDMA 3G usb stick from CAT TELECOM or HUTCH (depending where you live) and get 3GB inernet without a cable.

For the USB stick you ay around 6.000b, then you pay 700/month.

This USB stick can be used on every pc and at every location.

I moved to CAT CDMA for home use only (I dislike notebooks) and it's way better that the ever troublesome Maxnet/3T/3BB or whatever that is called now.

I paid 1900 for my USB stick and will be charged per minute when I put my telephone card inside without a contract. Its just one call and hereafter its much cheaper. The stick is working fine even everywhere in Isaan where are no landlines but 1-2call connection with telephones. The speed is not overwhelming but ok.

Never tried it on a PC, do u think its working there too? ATM my ToT internet is not or just very poor working.....since weeeeeks ü9vt0 9q3i tz0g40z+ iuqü0ezi5tp iaüpeoirpwz p4e5iqz5 and that was my head banging on the keyboard :)