Australian Visa For My Tg Partner

Can i get some advise on bring over my partner of nearly 2 years

I met her in Thailand and lived together for 6 months in Thailand

I returned to Australia and she came over 2 months later on a tourist visa (3months) returned back and obtained another tourist visa (6 months ) and has since returned

I would like to know is how difficult it would be to get a fiance visa if we were to be married in Australia

I know the process of submitting a visa application but how long would it take? is it better we apply in person together in Thailand ?

I would appreciate any advise on this topic

Well I'm in a similar situation,but I'm in the more advanced stages.

I was there in February and helped fill out sponsorship forms etc and it took my fiancee 4 weeks to get a date for the interview,then another 4 weeks.

A number of 8 weeks,she has had her interview and told there is a wait of 24 weeks but taking into account that the time begins when the application is received.

There are other posts in here about the ineffiency of the new visa section that the applications are taken to.I didn't find that as my fiancee did that,thank Christ because they have more patience than what we have.

Good Luck :o

the quoted processing time used to be 9 months when it was done at the embassy, but we managed to get one a lot sooner with intervention by a politician.

It's interesting that things havn't changed with the new systems in place :o

They quote 9 months to cover their <deleted>! I have yet to hear about anyone's visa taking 6 months to process. I believe this can only be the case if you lodge really INCOMPLETE applications. My case (for fiancee visa) went like this: Lodged all the paperwork February 14, 2005, interview March 21, granting of visa March 30!

Thanks Brubo

That gives me some faith in the system

Also a hyperthetical point

If she were to give birth to our child in thailand how would that affect the visa application or if she was pregnant whilst applying

And any problems bringing mother and child rather than just wife

can't see there being a problem with the child and immigration, but can see a problem with airlines if too far gone.

we lodged paperwork in November, got an interview the following March and had the visa a few days later, but as I stated before we had help.

Can i get some advise on bring over my partner of nearly 2 years

I met her in Thailand and lived together for 6 months in Thailand

I returned to Australia and she came over 2 months later on a tourist visa (3months) returned back and obtained another tourist visa (6 months ) and has since returned

I would like to know is how difficult it would be to get a fiance visa if we were to be married in Australia

I know the process of submitting a visa application but how long would it take? is it better we apply in person together in Thailand  ?

I would appreciate any advise on this topic

I’m not familiar with the new visa section in Thailand and how things have changed over time but we lodged our Residence Visa application on 23rd Aug 2002 and had the Temporary Residence Visa in both her and her daughters passports immediately after the interview on the 26th Sept 2002. It was on the Embassy advice we applied for Residence as her passport was crammed near full of visitors visas, they were fully aware we had no intention of moving to Aust. permanently.

On the 8th Sept. 2004, after the cooling off period (2 years) we lodged the required paperwork at the Perth Immigration office and had the Permanent Residence visas in 3 hours. Then straight down to the Medicare office to enrol, the Tax office to get her a TFN then to my accountant to do some serious income splitting. She doesn’t have to work to pay her way, we spend 10 months a year in Thailand.

We couldn’t be more happy with the service at both offices.

They quote 9 months to cover their <deleted>! I have yet to hear about anyone's visa taking 6 months to process. I believe this can only be the case if you lodge really INCOMPLETE applications. My case (for fiancee visa) went like this: Lodged all the paperwork February 14, 2005, interview March 21, granting of visa March 30!

That's quick! My wife and I applied for a spouse visa 25th Jan then had an interview on the 8th March and we are still waiting. We are married and have been living together for nearly 2 years, she is also pregnant, she passed the medical and police clearence check, we have plenty of cash in the bank and I have a good paying job waiting for me in Oz and we filled in the forms very carefully, but we still haven't got ours yet and it's too late to fly home so she'll have the baby here.

I'm tempted to call them and ask why the ###### it's taking so long (over 3 months since applying, 2 months since interview) now we have to stay here longer than we would have liked to. We don't look dodgy either, she's mid 20's and I'm 30 and a happily married couple. I can't stand the oz embassy, they're an embaressment to any aussie, I don't know why they take so long it's no rocket science, Just stamp the ######ing thing and be done with.

That's quick! My wife and I applied for a spouse visa 25th Jan then had an interview on the 8th March and we are still waiting. We are married and have been living together for nearly 2 years, she is also pregnant, she passed the medical and police clearence check, we have plenty of cash in the bank and I have a good paying job waiting for me in Oz and we filled in the forms very carefully, but we still haven't got ours yet and it's too late to fly home so she'll have the baby here.

I'm tempted to call them and ask why the ###### it's taking so long (over 3 months since applying, 2 months since interview) now we have to stay here longer than we would have liked to. We don't look dodgy either, she's mid 20's and I'm 30 and a happily married couple. I can't stand the oz embassy, they're an embaressment to any aussie, I don't know why they take so long it's no rocket science, Just stamp the ######ing thing and be done with.

That I agree with Taxidriver,when you ring Immigration in Australia to find correct information so you can understand exactly what is required they tell you they have guidelines,but those guidelines seem to be differant in Bangkok and confusing.I'm just waiting the same as you.Patience is the virtue. :o