Visa On Arrival, Then Leave To Get Tourist Visa?

All my research about a Tourist Visa has assumed I'd get one outside the LOS and then fly to BKK.  Stuff happened and it now appears it will be quite difficult for me to travel to Laos or Malaysia before coming to BKK.  Now I'm wondering if I can fly into BKK, get a Visa on Entry, then head to Vientiane or KL for a Tourist Visa before the VOE expires.  I tried searching but gave up because of 100% irrelevent results and time is pretty short right now.  

Thanks for the quick answers. I see my question was not clear. It's not a question about entering LOS or getting a Visa on Entry.  I've done that before.  I would enter LOS with a valid onward ticket within 30 days and get a VOE just like on past trips.

This is a question about whether a Thai consulate outside the LOS (KL or Vientiane) will give me a Tourist Visa when my passport shows I entered LOS 2 or 3 weeks earlier on a VOE. When I go to KL or Vientaine I will have another onward ticket and whatever else is required for a Tourist Visa.

Thanks for the quick answers. I see my question was not clear. It's not a question about entering LOS or getting a Visa on Entry.  I've done that before.  I would enter LOS with a valid onward ticket within 30 days and get a VOE just like on past trips.

This is a question about whether a Thai consulate outside the LOS (KL or Vientiane) will give me a Tourist Visa when my passport shows I entered LOS 2 or 3 weeks earlier on a VOE. When I go to KL or Vientaine I will have another onward ticket and whatever else is required for a Tourist Visa.

Yes , they will issue you a Tourist Visa.

Never having done a visa run before I thought that people were leaving LOS to get another entry stamp.  I know the difference between visa exempt entry stamp on arrival, commonly called visa on arrival or entry visa, and a tourist visa.   I just read the top 8 sites returned on my search for thai visa run and all but one said something about getting a new 'visa'.  That doesn't make it clear because the entry stamp is commonly called a visa.

So, are people on visa runs getting another entry stamp (AKA visa on arrival/entry) or a single entry 30 day tourist visa? 

As said you are probably not entitled to a VOA. You will get a Visa exempt entry.

When your 30 days are up and you cross the border and return you will get 15 days entry if by land or 30 days if by air.

If you visit a Thai Consulate in a neighboring country you can get a Tourist Visa . This gives 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.

If you go to Vientienne you can get a Double Entry.

Tourist Visas are free of charge until March 4th.