Casual Chinese Eatery Opposite Chiangmai Land

Maccheroncini

First of all, the word for the interior is "NOT glamorous".

But the food was as great as anything you can get in a Chiangmai fancy Chinese restaurant at a very affordable price.

The restaurant is said to offer Shanghai style cuisine. Not that I would be able to tell the different between them Shanghai style and the Hongkong style.. or any other region of China for that matter but I say I like Shanghai style now. "Sweet and sour dish" was a memories bring backer. 

post-50475-1265762236_thumb.jpg

post-50475-1265762324_thumb.jpg

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Maccheroncini,

Looks like good food !

From the second picture, we assume that what you mean by "opposite Chiang Mai Land" is you mean on the west side of the Superhighway (1141) as it travels approximately WNW towards the Airport, and technically begins to become Mahidol Road ?

Is it actually on the Superhighway ? Name ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Hello Khun Orang37 I'm terrible at many things including road directions and street names.

I hope this google map will help.  :)

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Maccheroncini,

Looks like good food !

From the second picture, we assume that what you mean by "opposite Chiang Mai Land" is you mean on the west side of the Superhighway (1141) as it travels approximately WNW towards the Airport, and technically begins to become Mahidol Road ?

Is it actually on the Superhighway ? Name ?

thanks, ~o:37;

post-50475-1265765376_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maccheroncini

K. Orang, please have your human remember the words 'Kruwa Jin,' or 'Chinese Kitchen' and you will find it. THat is what the white sign with red lettering reads. You just turn down that soi and it's on the right. Been past it many times and been meaning to stop by. I posit that the place is rt there because there are several 'more Chinese-minded' hotels in the area and perhaps it's walking distance for some of them.

Also, K. Orang, you are correct; it's on the SUper Hwy/ Mahidol/ Om Muang (take your pick) as you head West towards Airport Plaza. TO get there from the city you need to go down Chang Klan all the way, go under the Super Hwy, do that immediate hairpin rt turn, then turn left/ West onto the Super. It's about 1km up on the left where you see the sign.

Hmmmm. Gonna have to give this a try in next week or so too ! THanks for inspiring me to finally stop and sample it !

Thanks for the tip. I was right by there this evening and decided to check it out. It was O.K. We ordered 4 dishes. 2 were good and the other were just O.K. 365 Baht including water.

I still can't find the kind of Chinese cooking in C.M. that I grew up eating in Los Angeles; "Cantonese" style. This restaurant, like Maccheroncini said, mentions "Shanghai" style on their menu.

One thing I did notice was that the food came to the table in less than 5 minutes after we ordered. So I assume that it is already prepared...