Kids Flying Alone

Neeranam

I want to send one of my daughters to Australia with my sister but am not sure if anyone can comeback with her.

Is it possible, or a good idea for her to come back on her own? Does anyone know of any airline that offers a special service for a 6 year olds travelling alone?

All I can tell you is our favorable experience about 10 years ago on BA. My wife and I were flying business class from Bangkok to Melbourne, with a stop in Sydney. In Sydney, while stretching out and taking a walk around the plane, we found our nephew (about 10 years old at the time) flying alone. We had him come up to business and sit with us until the plane was ready for takeoff. While waiting for takeoff, there was an announcement that a boy was missing and the plane would not take off until he was located.

Hence, BA was keeping track of the kid and I imagine they are still as good at this as they were then.

You can take "assistance" for elderly and that include all the help you possibly can ask for - additional help all the way from from check-in and on to the plane and back. They even help you through immigration in the fast lane. It is totally free on most airlines. I have never asked but I would expect that you can take the same for young children too

Call and ask and let us know please

I think most air-lines do not allow children under the age of 12 to travel alone but at the same time you can ask for the assitance packege. For Thai Airways it works like this: You have to purchase a full fare ticket so there is no discount for minors, you pay 30 US dollars for each trip.

My son has done this many times and we have had no problems, do not forget to book and pay in advance.