Heavy Rubber Non Slip Flooring

cmsoulbrother

Just over the river about 800 metres beyond the Nawarat bridge, on Charoen Muang rd there are some hardware stores (left side heading out of town) and one of them sells heavy black rubber flooring off the roll. I bought a couple of metres to put under a dart board and it was very good - thick and heavy. Strangely, when I made my order, the guy asked me how many kilos I wanted?! I said I wanted 3 metres so he cut it and weighed it!!! The shop nearby selling heavy rope went through the same procedure!  :)

Edited by KevinHunt

Strangely, when I made my order, the guy asked me how many kilos I wanted?! I said I wanted 3 metres so he cut it and weighed it!!! The shop nearby selling heavy rope went through the same procedure!   :D

Hosepipe, nails, screws, rope, barbedwire etc etc.  Its the weight of the material they sell by.  That way, thinner, cr@pper products are cheaper per unit.   Don't suppose the lasses charge by the kilo?  I wouldn't know, been married here too long  :)

3M Nomad rubber matting has been sold at Home Pro, other similar knock-off matting was also available there and at other large building supply stores. By the meter.

Rubber gym floor matting like used it Tai Kwando dojos is also available, just go to one and ask where they get it.

Edited by Bill97

Kevin, thanks very much for the lead - that may well solve the problem.

Bill, thanks as well for your advice. I have looked in Home Pro, Global etc., but have never seen anything that seemed appropriate for use in a restaurant kitchen, where ease of daily cleaning is a priority. I will look again, though.