Halal Butcher Shop

anonymouse

I'm not a muslim but I cut an advert for this place out of one of the free tourist magazines a few months back and just found it.

It says it's next to the Siritara Boutique hotel, any ideas?

It sells whole roasted mutton and lamb mutton curry from local mutton which is what I'm interested in.

i'm pretty sure that's on charoenprathet road.

from panthip plaza, head south about five blocks to the first

traffic light, turn left, go one block to the T-intersection which

would be charoenprathet road.

turn right at the T, head south a couple hundred meters or

so, and the siritara will be on the left side.

i think that's right, but..............

i'm pretty sure that's on charoenprathet road.

from panthip plaza, head south about five blocks to the first

traffic light, turn left, go one block to the T-intersection which

would be charoenprathet road.

turn right at the T, head south a couple hundred meters or

so, and the siritara will be on the left side.

i think that's right, but..............

Yes, that is correct ,,,,, in other words after you pass Shangrila Hotel and Empress Hotel at the very next traffic light you turn left and at the T you turn right and it will be on your left hand side .... a very small shop .... and the name of the Hotel is Aruntara ... looks like a really nice boutique hotel ... here is the link ... http://www.aruntarahotel.com/location.html

There is no lamb there .... Mutton is the Indian , Muslim wird used for Goat.... so has nothing to do with Mouton which is lamb in French. I bought some Mutton chops there once as I lived in India for many years and we ate mutton every other day and had a craving for it ... my opinion = over priced, not that great and far too big / large.... never saw such long bones on mutton chops in my whole 20 years of living in India .... Maybe they have some kind of a crossbreed here :D ..

Didn't try their pre cooked stuff though ... so maybe that is better

Check it out and experiment for yourself .... :) .. and do let us know

The directions above are pretty good - if you get as far down Charoenprathet road as the Avuntara Hotel (on the left) stop and back up about 10 metres. It's a very small shop front and easy to miss.

I was very keen on the idea of mutton curry and bought a bag one day last year soon after they started advertising it. It may be that I was unlucky and they've got their act together a bit better by now but I have to say that it was about the most disappointing food I've ever bought here. A miserably small portion which was almost all bones and literally inedible. Really. It was so bad I put it in the freezer meaning to take it back and complain but kept forgetting until it got thrown out to make way for the chocolate ice cream at Christmas. I certainly won't be going back unless someone here can report a better experience.

Mind you, they probably won't serve me after this.

The directions above are pretty good - if you get as far down Charoenprathet road as the Avuntara Hotel (on the left) stop and back up about 10 metres. It's a very small shop front and easy to miss.

I was very keen on the idea of mutton curry and bought a bag one day last year soon after they started advertising it. It may be that I was unlucky and they've got their act together a bit better by now but I have to say that it was about the most disappointing food I've ever bought here. A miserably small portion which was almost all bones and literally inedible. Really. It was so bad I put it in the freezer meaning to take it back and complain but kept forgetting until it got thrown out to make way for the chocolate ice cream at Christmas. I certainly won't be going back unless someone here can report a better experience.

Mind you, they probably won't serve me after this.

Bein an upstanding poster of the CM forum I'll go along with your findings and save myself a trip, a shame though :)

We ordered a kg of minced lamb but we got minced???

saying that the guy at the shop did say say pop in the day before and you'l get that you want. (and did that when we had a party 3 kg lAmb)

I really enjoy a good lamb curry once in a while, buit I prefer lamb to mutton and it's pretty dam_n hard to find

alll said the mince is just right for BBQ!

Makro sell frozen legs of Aussie & NZ lamb, reasonable prices. Also local goat/mutton/lamb? legs, even cheaper, but don't quite taste the same. Roasted one of their NZ legs of lamb for Xmas dinner, delicious.

good to know that, cheers

i usually get my lamb fix when back in NZ, but my next trip back could be over a year away