Reps School

JimmyTheMook

I know that they just started their Mattayom program, so I think they now offer classes for M1 and M2. The school has a reputation for good value for the money. It's probably better than the top EP programs in any of the Ban Chang or Rayong schools. You're not getting 100% instruction in English, but more like 60-70%. You need to watch out for them sloughing off Filipino teachers with poor English skills in the math and science classes.

I have a boy at Reps for who I take care.He is in Kindergarten 3 and and I enrolled him at the start of the second semester K2.My opinion is that it is a good school,less expensive and better education then it's counterparts in the pattaya area.However it is too far from pattaya.He has to wake up every day at 6 am to catch the bus at 7,he is a slow eater maybe because he is too tired, and returns from school at 4.30 pm.

I would like to find a school equal to Reps,same level of teaching at the same price, closer by home but haven't found yet.

I have a boy at Reps for who I take care.He is in Kindergarten 3 and and I enrolled him at the start of the second semester K2.My opinion is that it is a good school,less expensive and better education then it's counterparts in the pattaya area.However it is too far from pattaya.He has to wake up every day at 6 am to catch the bus at 7,he is a slow eater maybe because he is too tired, and returns from school at 4.30 pm.

I would like to find a school equal to Reps,same level of teaching at the same price, closer by home but haven't found yet.

I'm not sure in this price range there is anything else in Pattaya.

Thinking of pulling my kids out of the English Program in Satit at the end of this term.

Cost wise REPS is pretty comparable at 100,000 baht per year mark .

I'm not crazy about the commute either from Pattaya.

BEST was never an option , St. Andrews is about 300K+ per year and that is a bit out of my price range and was not overly impressed with a school built on a golf course and then a housing complex all seemed like venues to make money for the owner.

Presently my 2 nieces and nephew are at BEST but I heard about REPS reputation from friends so I went there myself to inquire. I found out that there are 18 native English speakers, 26 Thai teachers and 2 Filipinos teaching reading but not teaching Science and Math or any other subjects. Apart from the ratio of thai and foreign teachers, I feel that my nephew and nieces will get a better education at REPS as they limit the number of students per class. I hope they can start this summer. Look in website the school fees is posted on in admission page. Fair enough!!

Take a look at the Sukhumvit between Pattaya and Laem Chabang on the right side. The school name is SriSuvit (http://www.srisuvit.net/). They start in may 2010 a new english program school. My 2 sons (12&14y.) are in this school for 1,5 years and like it much more than the BEST School. But we use the normal school (private thai school), because my kids speak, read & write allready thai, english, german and learn now chinese.

• 1 month later...

For those that don't use sat navs and GPS co-ordinates are meaningless it's pretty easy to find REPS.

There are 2 ways:

The easy way (for those who don't know too much south or east of Jomtien) is simply to dirve out from Pattaya on Sukhumvit, past Theprassit, Outlet Mall, Tesco,etc,.... on through Ban Amphur, Ban Saray,round the corned through Sattahip, past Kilo Sip and onto Ban Chang.

All of this is on one road- Sukhumvit - so you can't go wrong!

As you drive into Ban Chang you'll see the big Tesco Lotus on the right.

Turn left at this corner (you'll need to pass it first, do a U turn and come back). It's about 3km down on the right, just past Eastern Star Golf Course, and behind Garden International School.

The second way is faster but more tricky to explain. Go out south on Sukhumvit and turn left at the turning for Kao Chee Chan and Silverlake Vinyard. Go past these, though the forest area, over the hill and down to connect with the 331, turn right at this T junction, go straight until the junction with the 332, just past the PTT garage. Turn left here and go stright until you connect with Sukhumvit again at the Utapao wall. Turn left and drive into Ban Chang as before looking for Tescos.

THere is a third and quicker way too, but that's enough directions for one post.

Incidentally, thses are the general directions for Ban Chang so are useful for any other purposes too.

The journey takes about 40 minutes from Pattaya Tai. The Silverlake route is shorter but it's real advantage is if you want to do this route during a busy time on the roads-when the sukhumviit route would bring you through local traffic lights and traffic hold ups.

Actually I was looking for the GPS coordinates and all I could find was maps and explanations as to how to find it. Eventually I found the location on a Google Map and got the coordinates from that. In this day and age where most people have GPS in their car I though it might be handy to keep it posted somewhere where people could easily find it (TV has a high SE ranking).

• 4 weeks later...
Take a look at the Sukhumvit between Pattaya and Laem Chabang on the right side. The school name is SriSuvit (http://www.srisuvit.net/). They start in may 2010 a new english program school. My 2 sons (12&14y.) are in this school for 1,5 years and like it much more than the BEST School. But we use the normal school (private thai school), because my kids speak, read & write allready thai, english, german and learn now chinese.

You can't be srious.Went to the Srisuvit school the other day as I'm looking to relocate my boy to a school closer to pattaya,however I'm satisfied with the education level at REPS where he goes currently.

From first sight the school looks good but I was kind of horrified to learn that the Thai program houses 40+ children per non airconned classroom.And the english program will be 30+ children in airconned clasrooms but more expensive then Reps.

Also took a look at Phoenix even I heard previously bad comments regarding the price.It looked acceptable but they charged 5000 baht a month for a 6 km roundtrip per schoolbus.Also the refused,even after repeated asking,to give me a copy of their program before I paid the registration fee.Sounds at least a bit fishy to me.

You can't be srious.Went to the Srisuvit school the other day as I'm looking to relocate my boy to a school closer to pattaya,however I'm satisfied with the education level at REPS where he goes currently.

From first sight the school looks good but I was kind of horrified to learn that the Thai program houses 40+ children per non airconned classroom.And the english program will be 30+ children in airconned clasrooms but more expensive then Reps.

Also took a look at Phoenix even I heard previously bad comments regarding the price.It looked acceptable but they charged 5000 baht a month for a 6 km roundtrip per schoolbus.Also the refused,even after repeated asking,to give me a copy of their program before I paid the registration fee.Sounds at least a bit fishy to me.

Surprised to hear that about Phoenix not giving you a copy of the program, they were ok with me, before I enrolled my 2 for this coming term? I think the program can also be found on there web site.