Boncafe Workshop In Ubon

jay-uk

Pity their coffee is sh!te.

Splash out a bit more and get a decent coffee bean like Mokador:-

Sorry you don't like it - are we allowed to keep on drinking it if we don't agree?

The wife went to a Boncafe one-day workshop, enjoyed it very much; a nice day out for Thai ladies to learn something and have a good old chat with others.

Elwood

Sorry you don't like it - are we allowed to keep on drinking it if we don't agree?

The wife went to a Boncafe one-day workshop, enjoyed it very much; a nice day out for Thai ladies to learn something and have a good old chat with others.

Elwood

As you are aware Elwood, life is all about personal choices and personal tastes - from Bon Cafe website:-

The definition of a good cup of coffee is subjective and largely based on personal preference.

If you like Bon Cafe please feel free to enjoy it.

For my taste, I have not found a Thai coffee bean that I like.

Elwood

A Thai friend of mine has a small coffee shop using BanCafe. I hated to hurt his feeling but I had to tell him that I preferred my Red Cap instant coffee. And I'm not joking. Maybe it's what a person gets used to.

I'm not a big Coffee drinker but do like a large mug first thing in the morning just to set me up for the day when I'm half a sleep. Shopping around trying different bean types I settled on Columbian arabica which I stick with now. Wide awake after a mug and smells great too.

Edited by jay-uk

Elwood

As you are aware Elwood, life is all about personal choices and personal tastes - from Bon Cafe website:-

The definition of a good cup of coffee is subjective and largely based on personal preference.

If you like Bon Cafe please feel free to enjoy it.

For my taste, I have not found a Thai coffee bean that I like.

Yes Chaimai, fair comment, hope I didn't come across as too blunt, but your original comment didn't seem to allow for any other opinion. Anyway, no problem, don't you think it's nice that now we have so many nice, comfortable coffee shops in Ubon, compared to just a few short years ago?

Dao Cafe always seems to serve a nice cup, for my taste, at least, and often buy Laos coffee for home.

Elwood

Yes Chaimai, fair comment, hope I didn't come across as too blunt, but your original comment didn't seem to allow for any other opinion. Anyway, no problem, don't you think it's nice that now we have so many nice, comfortable coffee shops in Ubon, compared to just a few short years ago?

Dao Cafe always seems to serve a nice cup, for my taste, at least, and often buy Laos coffee for home.

Elwood

I think my post was more blunt - sorry :) .

My comment was geared to my opinion of the taste of Thai coffee versus S. American beans, for example.

I have to admit that I have not actually been to Ubon, but I am encouraged that it has a good selection of coffee shops. I hope to experience them in the not too distant future.

I also have to declare a vested interest in that I have a coffee shop/restaurant in Prakhon Chai. You are very welcome to sample the difference should you ever be in the area.

Regards Chaimai.

Some coffee shops are able to make a bad coffee using good beans.

My wife used to have a restaurant and we always had very good comments about our coffee, many a customer was so surprised he ordered a 2nd and 3rd cup and we were using bon cafe.

I have had bon cafe in many coffee shops in many provinces and some were real bad, it is all up to how you grind the beans, the quantity used for a cup....

My friend is using mokador and at first his much cheaper coffee was better than his mokador, now the taste of his mokador is better due to him adjusting a few details

making a good cup is an art

Elwood

I think my post was more blunt - sorry :) .

My comment was geared to my opinion of the taste of Thai coffee versus S. American beans, for example.

I have to admit that I have not actually been to Ubon, but I am encouraged that it has a good selection of coffee shops. I hope to experience them in the not too distant future.

I also have to declare a vested interest in that I have a coffee shop/restaurant in Prakhon Chai. You are very welcome to sample the difference should you ever be in the area.

Regards Chaimai.

Thanks for the invite. Must admit to being a philistine with regards to coffee - I enjoy it very much, but cannot honestly say that I can differentiate between Thai, Laos, Columbian etc. If a coffee bar has a nice atmosphere and a decent-tasting coffee, that'll do for me, wherever it's origin.

Now we have nice coffee bars in Thailand, I would love to see an old-fashioned English style tea room - Twinings and scones in the afternoon; if only a Memock-type would have a go!

Elwood.

Hi Elwood, the atmosphere here might not be like a 'English tea room' but we do have Twinings and we did experiment with scones for a few weeks but I am afraid I ate most of them!

I guess if enough people were interested we could bring the scones back onto the menu.

Hi Elwood, the atmosphere here might not be like a 'English tea room' but we do have Twinings and we did experiment with scones for a few weeks but I am afraid I ate most of them!

I guess if enough people were interested we could bring the scones back onto the menu.

I used to love eating them with thick Cornish cream! Good luck with Peppers, if you do bring them back, please make a mention on this Isaan forum; if I ever win the lottery I'll open a place here that sells such things as Cornish pasties, crumpets and apple crumble - feel peckish just thinking about them.

Elwood

I used to love eating them with thick Cornish cream! Good luck with Peppers, if you do bring them back, please make a mention on this Isaan forum; if I ever win the lottery I'll open a place here that sells such things as Cornish pasties, crumpets and apple crumble - feel peckish just thinking about them.

Elwood

Elwood, I can offer you PG Tips, Assam or Earl Grey. No scones I am afraid, but I have to admit that a Cornish cream tea does sound mouth-watering.

Some coffee shops are able to make a bad coffee using good beans.

My wife used to have a restaurant and we always had very good comments about our coffee, many a customer was so surprised he ordered a 2nd and 3rd cup and we were using bon cafe.

I have had bon cafe in many coffee shops in many provinces and some were real bad, it is all up to how you grind the beans, the quantity used for a cup....

My friend is using mokador and at first his much cheaper coffee was better than his mokador, now the taste of his mokador is better due to him adjusting a few details

making a good cup is an art

I've found that one can make even a dreadful cuppa coffee palatable by simply pouring a jig of Irish Whiskey into it. :)