Wireless Modem Fot Tot Wanted

torrenova

Hi I use a ZyXEL Prestige 600 series HW-T1

Bought from True shop, I got discount as bought when I was a customer. Now

with TOT...

Never had a problem with it, now also have added a ZyXEL UC20 for my wife's PC

so that she can use Wireless, as do not want to lay a LAN Cable.

Edited by beano2274

TOT sells its wireless modem/router for 3,500 Baht. in the shops you get the router from the same manufacturer (DLink), but smaller size, for 2,800 Baht. by the way, any wireless modem/router will do. i have both models but can't comment on their wireless capabilities as my home is hard-wired.

I've got an old Speedtouch modem that was supplied by ToT when we first got ADSL service 5-6 years ago and it works OK. I've also got a TP-Link 'TD-W8901G 54M Wireless ADSL2+ Router' that I haven't used as the Speedtouch works OK and 'if it ain't broke, etc'. Looks like the TP-Link device can be used as a regular modem using a LAN cable with the wireless router feature disabled. We were originally gonna set up a wireless network but it never happened.

Are there any advantages to using the TP-Link over the Speedtouch as a modem only? Someone said that firewall software built into fancy modems can interfere with accessing some websites and etc. The Speedtouch has been glitch free but I'm sure that it has fewer features than the TP-Link.

thanks for any advice...