Passport Takes An Unexpected Wash

My British passport unexpectedly ended up in the washing machine and in fairness came out of it much better than I might have expected. I am on a Non-Imm B extended for one year. The visa is clearly visible but the extension is very faint; due to expire on 15.04.10 and to be renewed. I have photocopies of the originals. Other than the fact that my passport looks tatty am I likely to encounter any issues using it or getting my extension renewed. Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks

My Italian passport got into the washing machine by mistake. I didn't have time to get a new one before travelling to the USA and was a bit apprehensive. The immigration officer asked me what happened to it and I told him the truth. "As long as it wasn't in the toilet", he said, stamped it and sent me on my way.

i had a passport go into the drink, i used it for a couple of yrs with no problem but when i went to singapor i had an immigration officer pull me out of the line and almost refuse me entry because some of my stamps smeared. I managed to get in but i had the passport replaced immediatly after, if i were you i would replace it sooner than later.

Thanks as always for your help with this. The passport is not too badly damaged, just a few smudgy stamps, and my current visa extension virtually invisible. I guess I should do the right thing and replace it as I don't want any grief going through customs especially as I travelling to the Philippines in April. Will I be able to get replacement visas etc and any idea of the cost? Many thanks again

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of old and new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing. If holding a valid visa, this cannot be transferred as is not issued by Thai immigration but by Thai embassy/consulate abroad. Whilst a visa remains valid in an old passport, you would need to travel using both passports until the visa expires.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Sta...orm-file20.html