Red Stamp, 1x Tr Visa In Penang?

Got the dreaded red stamp in Laos, just about 6 months ago. US passport, 7 TR visas- single and double entry in 3.5 years. My question, what do you think the odds are that I could get a single entry TR Visa in PENANG? I will be there for work and might like to trymy luck while I am there, what do you think the odds are. Am happy to pay any good "fixer" or whatever. Thanks in advance.

Get a new US Passport... good idea. Go to the US Embassy in BKK and fill out a DS-11 form which asks you about the status of your current passport at 21... Say 'yes' to the nice Vice-Consul who gives you the oath and asks you are you aware that false statements can land you in prison.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79955.pdf

All though I disagree with the idea of obtaining a new passport in this situation, it also isn't against the law to apply for a new passport even though one still has a valid passport in their possession.

Edited by thaiphoon

Get a new US Passport... good idea. Go to the US Embassy in BKK and fill out a DS-11 form which asks you about the status of your current passport at 21... Say 'yes' to the nice Vice-Consul who gives you the oath and asks you are you aware that false statements can land you in prison.

All though I disagree with the idea of obtaining a new passport in this situation, it also isn't against the law to apply for a new passport even though one still has a valid passport.

lol dangerous annyway all information about you still on the computer annyway the embassy ask why you want a new passport and the immigration ask why you make a new one . false statement = jail time

I am in penang - stuck and <deleted>**ked. US pp 5 paper visas, about 10 visas about 8 used - over three yrs. Consulate - nothing but excuses.

Please see my post under Penang problems. Unless you bribe the guy at the desk there is no way you will get a visa.

I had a ticket to go to US, I have never extended ANY Thai visa.

Do not use fruity guesthouse and only make it worse for all of us. By doing so just tightens the mafia grip. Its not as though that guy is pleasant or the GH is nice or good location or great food.

Am happy to pay any good "fixer" or whatever.

This attitude is the problem. It is lazy and negligent. happy to pay the mafia, the heroin dealer, the pimp...

I have to say that I do not feel sorry for you. You got a red stamp six months ago and have not gone home or done anything to remedy the situation. I'll send the clue truck round - pick one up.

In one year I will be 50. I will apply for a retirement/marriage visa, I am loathe to do so but after being stuck here and seeing the sorry lot up in Lao in October as well - I realize who I'm running with.

Edited by bangkokburning

All though I disagree with the idea of obtaining a new passport in this situation, it also isn't against the law to apply for a new passport even though one still has a valid passport.

lol dangerous annyway all information about you still on the computer annyway the embassy ask why you want a new passport and the immigration ask why you make a new one . false statement = jail time

It is not illegal to apply for another passport while in possession of a valid passport, and there is no need to make false statements. However, they may determine they don't need to issue a new one.,

Last August, I replaced an undamaged, valid passort that was less than 2 years old. I provided a valid reason, and got a new passport without any problem. As a matter of fact I was offered the opportunity to have an additional passort issued, but declined.

If you don't know what you are talking about, please refrain from making comments. Also, most of this is off topic, this topic is about the issuance of a "Tourist Visa" in Penang, I doubt that the op will be successful, but good luck.

Edited by thaiphoon
Line spacing adjusted

If you don't know what you are talking about, please refrain from making comments. I was quoting directly from the DS-11 form... there was a suggestion above that if you get a red stamp you should just apply for a new passport regardless of the year's left...

You might have had a valid reason,which you do no disclose, but the true reason the person above would want a new passport is to get rid of of the dreaded red stamp which the Embassy would certainly notice in the Passport to be replaced.

so what is this red stamp all about ?? i use only the 30 day tourist visas when i get back every month or so but rarely stay longer than 28 days... my passport has a whole bunch of them in the last 4 years (all airport arrivals) any issues here ??

Edited by William Osborne

If you don't know what you are talking about, please refrain from making comments. I was quoting directly from the DS-11 form... there was a suggestion above that if you get a red stamp you should just apply for a new passport regardless of the year's left...

You might have had a valid reason,which you do no disclose, but the true reason the person above would want a new passport is to get rid of of the dreaded red stamp which the Embassy would certainly notice in the Passport to be replaced.

With the exception of providing false information, where does it say on the DS-11 it is illegal to apply for a new passport while holding a valid one. I would say it's quite possible the State Department could reject the application in the instance mentioned above, but it is up to their discretion. If I was in the Op's situation, I would simply apply for a visa in a different country, or apply for a different type of visa.

I applied because I had a number of visas and stamps in my passport, and my employer was concerned those would be a problem for my visa status to work on another project in a different country. I explained that to the issuing agency, and was issued a new passport without any problem, and they certainly didn't seem to think it was illegal.

Edited by beechguy

so what is this red stamp all about ?? i use only the 30 day tourist visas when i get back every month or so but rarely stay longer than 28 days... my passport has a whole bunch of them in the last 4 years (all airport arrivals) any issues here ??

Your situation isn't affected, you are making visa exempt entries. The red stamp, is issued by some consulates who feel the applicant has been issued too many tourist visas.

It asks at 21. for the status of your visa which would either be 'in your possession' or 'other' as well as stolen, lost, etc. ... It is not as you say illegal to apply for a new unexpired Passport in your possession but if you have no other reason than a red stamp, and the Embassy notices such a stamp, you may very well be denied... I was presuming they would go the 'lost' route mea culpa... As someone who is routinely interrogated upon entering the USA, I would avoid the situation of an unnecessary passport renewal like the plague... such a renewal application could trigger an investigation.

Last August, I replaced an undamaged, valid passort that was less than 2 years old. I provided a valid reason, and got a new passport without any problem. As a matter of fact I was offered the opportunity to have an additional passort issued, but declined.

What do you mean additional passport ?

They offered to let you carry two passports issued by the same country?

Yes, an additional passport from the same country, but that probably doesn't happen often.

Edited by beechguy

It happens every day - reporters and those that travel frequently have to have more than one passport to obtain visas in a timely manner. There is nothing illegal about having more than one passport from same country and you can also hold more than one type of passport from the same country.

Yes, an additional passport from the same country, but that probably doesn't happen often.

I can confirm that, as I used to have two UK-passports, I would be travelling on-business with one, while the other was off getting the visas ready for the next trip, all totally legal & normal.