Help Needed

parryhandy

Desperately need help!

My setup

1. Main pc running XP pro connected with cable to a wireless router- Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 + usb canon mp258 printer/copier.

2. Downstairs pc running on Vista ultimate 32bit connected to above router using a Zyxel usb wireless adapter.

Have set up a lan and each machine can see each other no problems.

My problems are;

1. the vista machine downstairs refuses to connect to my printer, it can see it, but refuses to connect/install.

2. I can transfer files from the vista machine to the xp pc but cannot send anything from the xp pc to the vista pc it says file too deep or specified network name no longer available etc.It actually worked ok for a couple of days only. Also when sat at the vista pc I cannot view any files (i can see folders ) on the xp machine or drag any files over but can send files no problem.

The pc downstairs has a lot of spare memory and I want to send photos from upstairs to keep as backups on the other pc, so everything is working the opposite way I want it to at the moment.

The same with the printer in that the downstairs pc is the wifes daughters and she prints a lot of stuff for school so I want her to be able to do it from her pc rather than bothering me.

I have tried about 10 different fixes from googling and nothing has helped so far.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by parryhandy