Sausage Skins

BigWheelMan

I do love my bangers, but found those up for sale in the supermarkets are way, way, over priced, so would like to try and make my own.

Does anyone know where it is possible to buy sausage skins, anywhere is Chiang Mai?

Edited by BigWheelMan

This topic was discussed last year in some detail.

Try the search function. Use the advanced search, basic search is a waste of time, don't know why it's there...

Thanks for the advice, it worked.

Many posters have recommended Makros and I will give it a try.

Thanks again.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Don't waste your money at Macros. First of all their skins are salted and then frozen, if you know anything about sausage casings they should not be frozen if they are salted, they rot. If you get them, you will rinse them for many hours and they will still have a musty odor. I know of some suppliers in BKK that have collagen casings which are easier to stuff but can break easier if over stuffed or too much water is added, natural casings are also better for twisting and tying.

convenient but not a good deal. The suppliers in BKK will ship everything for less than 1/3 of mr. moos prices.

i must say that sausage stuffer @ 2000 baht seems steep

its only a caulking gun with bits of plastic attachments

I bought the seasoning and collagen skins from Mr Moo in Chiangmai and have now made about 20kg of sausages and think I am getting better and better at it. I still have seasoning left and am making plans to have the balance of the box of casings added to my will as I don't think I will ever get through them. I use my hand operated mincer to stuff the casings.

All the third party reports about my snags have been good and a couple of those people were even sober.

actually if it is a good stainless steel sausage stuffer 2K baht isn't a bad price. They are very expensive. Northern Industrial tool online has them for about that price plus you have to pay for shipping.

arh ok, im a newb when talking sausage making :)