Cdma Usb Modem /wireless Router

t.s

is there a product out there that can be used with a router or has one built in?

i require wireless at a house in koh phan ngan, but dsl is not on the cards at present due to location.

it seems that cdma solution is one computer, one connection. how can a single connection be shared wirelessly?

The easy / cheap way is to set up Internet sharing from the main PC and then the others can connect through a hub or router connected to this PC.

Humbs with that support the CAT USB dongle are available but expensive (7-12K Baht)

this solution doesn't cut it. The last thing I want is another computer that allows my renters to connect to the Internet. I want them to see an access point, type in the wep and be online. 7 - 12k is nothing compared to the cost of a dedicated box.

That said, cat telecom has just introduced mifi 2200 and that may be the answer.

The easy / cheap way is to set up Internet sharing from the main PC and then the others can connect through a hub or router connected to this PC.

Humbs with that support the CAT USB dongle are available but expensive (7-12K Baht)

this solution doesn't cut it. The last thing I want is another computer that allows my renters to connect to the Internet. I want them to see an access point, type in the wep and be online. 7 - 12k is nothing compared to the cost of a dedicated box.

That said, cat telecom has just introduced mifi 2200 and that may be the answer.

Certainly as the internet sharing is not the best solution, but is OK for somebody using 1 or 2 other devices in their house which is what I assumed when recommending it due to the lack of more detailed information.

I hope your expression for entering the WEP to access the wireless was not too specific as WEP is a very weak encryption that can be broken in minutes with easily available software. Yuse WPA/PK if at all possible

If you want a router to take the existing USB modems from CAT try this link

http://www.surfnshop.biz/index.php?lay=sho...e&Id=348101

Hi i dont know if this is of any use to you i run some software on my Nokia N95 8gb called joikuspot (you can google it )

cant post a link to the site

it turns my N95 into a wireless router the free version is ok but doesn't offer any security the full version does

ive been using it now for 6 months in thailand and it works fine i share my connection with 2 laptops which is fine

i dont have anything to do with the company making the software its just my experiences with it