The Best Buffet ?

cwldanny

Hi there, judging from the title of my topic you may have noticed that I am a bit of a buffet freak. I enjoy starving myself for a day and pigging out at buffets whenever possible. I have tried the buffets at Novotel Siam Square, JW Marriot and Pathumwan Princess but only the one at JW Marriot was anything close to what I could describe as a worthwhile buffet to go to.

Could anyone point me to where I should eat next? I've heard good things about Plaza Anthanee, Sheraton on Sukhumvit, Shangri La and Millenium Hilton. But can somebody who has gone to these places give me the low down on which would be the best? Price isn't an issue as long as the food is good!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just liked to also mention that I've tried the buffet at Centera Central World when it just opened, would not recommend it to anybody. The dishes and utensils were dirty, and the food was sub par. My friends who ate there with me also had some unpleasant stomach problems from eating the oysters there.

For weekday lunch buffet: Le Meridien on Silom

(outsider: JW Marriott on Ploenchit)

For Sunday Brunch: Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on Asoke

(outsiders: Peninsula & Four Seasons)

Thanks for the advice! I can't seem to find any information about the lunch buffet at Le Meridien on Silom. How does it's normal lunch buffet compare to the other 5 star hotels?

I was thinking of going to a buffet lunch next week. Called up Millenium Hilton and Shangri La and both prices were 1000bht or less nett. Dinner was around 2000 or over . I wonder if there really is that big of a difference between the lunch and dinner spreads?

I try The Sukhothai brunch, did not like the service, I order a bottle of good French champagne.

The waiter did serve us and i need to slow him down with the bottle as he was ready to refill the glass straight away.

When we were getting something the same waiter fill the glass to the rim, after i told him to slow down.

When he come back to ask he I want a second bottles, I was ready to tell him off, I just hold myself for my guess.

Sukhothai if you read this post, French champagne is not water, teach you staff to have more respect with it.

Will not go back there

i like four season, Rembrandt Indian buffet

I try The Sukhothai brunch, did not like the service, I order a bottle of good French champagne.

The waiter did serve us and i need to slow him down with the bottle as he was ready to refill the glass straight away.

When we were getting something the same waiter fill the glass to the rim, after i told him to slow down.

When he come back to ask he I want a second bottles, I was ready to tell him off, I just hold myself for my guess.

Sukhothai if you read this post, French champagne is not water, teach you staff to have more respect with it.

Will not go back there

i like four season, Rembrandt Indian buffet

I remember visiting the Sukhothai a few years ago for their chocolate buffet (I think the bill came to be about 800 baht per person). It certainly was a treat and their chocolate buffet was more then satisfying. Lots of chocolate creations, a "make your own chocolate" drink station and your usual batch of finger foods.

However It isn't something I would want to enjoy more then once a year. Good atmosphere, service was nothing to shout about though.

For weekday lunch buffet: Le Meridien on Silom

(outsider: JW Marriott on Ploenchit)

For Sunday Brunch: Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on Asoke

(outsiders: Peninsula & Four Seasons)

Thanks for the advice! I can't seem to find any information about the lunch buffet at Le Meridien on Silom. How does it's normal lunch buffet compare to the other 5 star hotels?

I was thinking of going to a buffet lunch next week. Called up Millenium Hilton and Shangri La and both prices were 1000bht or less nett. Dinner was around 2000 or over . I wonder if there really is that big of a difference between the lunch and dinner spreads?

Here is a link for Le Meridien

The Four Seasons Hotel buffet is known as one of the best in town.

A mark up from the JW Marriot I'd say. Plus free flow Verve...

Also to Sukhothai is very good, no free flow wine though.

The free flow Verve C sounds great- how much are the sunday brunches in the four season?

FWIW- the four season is Jakarta also does a good sunday brunch...

The Four Seasons Hotel buffet is known as one of the best in town.

A mark up from the JW Marriot I'd say. Plus free flow Verve...

Also to Sukhothai is very good, no free flow wine though.

The free flow Verve C sounds great- how much are the sunday brunches in the four season?

FWIW- the four season is Jakarta also does a good sunday brunch...

2100 ++ baht for brunch

here is one of my link for Four Seasons

http://www.at-bangkok.com/detail_page.php?sub_id=237

more link

http://www.buffet-thailand.com/buffet_restaurant.htm

Green Emerald hotel was good value, Narai hotel use to be cheap with his smoked salmon, i think they hike the price lately use to be 340 baht at night

Just like to add that I went to Novotel Siam Square buffet a few days ago. Their smoked salmon and condiments were excellent but the spread wasn't that large. Paid about 600 baht per person using the member card.

Personally I think the Square Novotel has one of the better buffets in their range. Novotel Ladproa and Bangna was a huge dissapointment.

Good posts. It might be a good idea to include a price to give a more complete picture.....

Tapas Y Vino in the Grand Millenium Sukhumvit has started a buffet on Saturday nights at 900 Baht per head (including sangria). I haven't tried the buffet yet but the food is very nice in the restaurant....

the londoner on sukumvit 33, is good value for money at 470baht a head.

all you can eat buffet.

to start you have smoked salmon, prawns(large), oysters, melon and parma ham, salamis, cooked meats, pate, x2 soups, salad bar,(including 5 dressings) pasta dishes, various breads.

main course roast beef(nice and bloody the way it should be) n.z. leg of lamb, roast pork with crackling, roast chicken, gammon. roast and mashed potatoes, yorkshire puddings, cawliflour cheese, brocolli, carrots, peas and pork chipolatas. choice of 3 types of gravy and french and english mustard, plus horseradish sauce.

sweets include, traditional thai fare, fresh fruits, scones cream and jam, chocolate and strawberry pots, ice cream,lots of different fancy cakes and a cheese board(cheddar, brie, stilton, camebert, double gloucester) nice and smelly, with biscuits and french bread.

also if your bill comes to over a thousand baht, per table you get a 50 percent off voucher to be spent on food on any tuesday.

the only thing i think missing that they could do with thinking about is some kind of promotion on wine.

that being said though, it is still a good deal especially if your someone who likes a feed and misses some homely creature comforts now and again.

p.s the wife(thai) cant get enough of it, she spent 6 years back in the u.k. with me whilst we worked to save up enough money to come back to thailand, and she misses the whole sunday lunch experience.

sod that!

just started talking about sunday lunch, back in the u.k. and it justs started to piss down outside.

Poor you ! you can now stay at home with some nice Pinot Noir, matured goat cheese, great bread and envy us !

Edited by simcity

sod that!

just started talking about sunday lunch, back in the u.k. and it justs started to piss down outside.

Poor you ! you can now stay at home with some nice Pinot Noir, matured goat cheese, great bread and envy us !

maybe a nice bottle of australian footbolt shiraz, some rouqfort and gorgonzola cheese with a nice crusty french bagette!

now whos the envious one? have fun in the rain! :)

having second thoughts, maybe ill crack open a botlle of pouilly fusse first, and let the cheese breathe for a while.

Edited by tigerfish

If you dont mind a bunch of tourist the 83rd floor of the Bayoke Sky Tower 2 put on a good spread. Food ranges from seafood, Italian, Indian, Japanese and deserts It is not romantic but has the best view in Bkk at 83 floors up. There also is a interesting museum and a revolving observation deck. All for the price of 640 baht per person.

Its not 5 star but is worth the visit. Its good to take visitors to as well. The name of the restaurant is Crystal Grill on the 83rd floor.

The house wine is 600 baht a bottle and is not bad either.

I agree with MickyM. Lord Jim's at the Oriental is great for a buffet lunch, especially if price is not an issue. Make reservations, go as close to opening time as you can, linger over the most excellent food, watch the river traffic, be the last to leave. You will enjoy this touch of luxury.