Re-entry @ Suanplu (old Immigration)

As the title suggests, I would like to know if it is possible to get a re-entry permit for a non-immigrant 'b' visa that I am currently on. New immigration is quite a hike, and it would be nice if I could submit the required documentation and fee at the Old immigration office ...

Suan Phlu immigration office closed last year (except for certain services to nationals of Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos), so if in Bangkok likely you will need to head to the new office at Chaeng Wattana. If permission to stay is based on Non-B visa entry (as opposed to extension of stay based on employment) and have multiple entry visa you do not need a re-entry permit. Re-entering the country will give you a new 90 day permission to stay as long as your visa is valid.

"I would like to know if it is possible to get a re-entry permit for a non-immigrant 'b' visa that I am currently on. New immigration is quite a hike, and it would be nice if I could submit the required documentation and fee at the Old immigration office ..."

A Thai acquaintance of mine, who works for Thai Immigration has assured me that re-entry permits are available for all Nationalities at Suan Phlu, but only on Saturday mornings until 12:00 midday.

I have not put his assurances to the test, but he works out of the Suan Phlu office on a daily basis. I have no reason not to believe him. Perhaps someone will try this one?

Re-entry permits are also available at the One-Stop shop at Chamchuri Square as discussed in other topics.

I will do my 90 day reporting next month and will also try to obtain a re-entry permit at Chamchuri Square. My NON-B extension was not issued under BOI, so it will be interesting to see what will happen. I will let you know the outcome after my 90 day reporting.

Frm-Bkk

Re-entry permits are also available at the One-Stop shop at Chamchuri Square as discussed in other topics.

I will do my 90 day reporting next month and will also try to obtain a re-entry permit at Chamchuri Square. My NON-B extension was not issued under BOI, so it will be interesting to see what will happen. I will let you know the outcome after my 90 day reporting.

Frm-Bkk[/font]

I have seen member comment before saying it is possible to obtain a re-entry permit at Chamchuree Square, but have not seen a report confirming one has actually been issued. So if you could update us after your visit that would be very helpful.

Ok, I am home pretty dam_n early for a Friday night. I will give it a shot tomorrow morning. I will leave my alarm set as if I were going to work. I will go from On Nut to Suan Phlu. I will report back the details and try to obtain whatever info I can about what service are (if) they are available.