Tt(telegraphic Transfer)

Does my bank say MAXCHERRY BANK have to have an agreement with say SOME OTHER BANK for you to do a TT.

Or can I just supply my bank with the SWIFT# - ACCT# - ADDRESS of SOME OTHER BANK anywhere in the world for the TT to work.

Does my bank say MAXCHERRY BANK have to have an agreement with say SOME OTHER BANK for you to do a TT.

Or can I just supply my bank with the SWIFT# - ACCT# - ADDRESS of SOME OTHER BANK anywhere in the world for the TT to work.

Your bank will look around and try to find a bank which has an agreement with SOME OTHER BANK (or at least a bank in that country). No big deal for common countries (like UK and Thailand) and big banks. Can be difficult if you chose a small Savings and Loan to TT money to Tajikistan.

The intermediaries may charge you fees (eg 30 USD).

TT is generally not worth it for amounts of less than several thousand USD. Use ATMs, it's cheaper.

Your bank will look around and try to find a bank which has an agreement with SOME OTHER BANK (or at least a bank in that country). No big deal for common countries (like UK and Thailand) and big banks. Can be difficult if you chose a small Savings and Loan to TT money to Tajikistan.

The intermediaries may charge you fees (eg 30 USD).

TT is generally not worth it for amounts of less than several thousand USD. Use ATMs, it's cheaper.

Nice one - thanks.

You want me to do a wire transfer using your bank? :o

If you want to do it most likely they are going to require that your fill out a wire transfer agreement in person first. After you do that many can transfer via various triggers such as phone calls or fax and some even allow Internet.