Wireless Internet

Mumbo Jumbo

Just seen this advert in our local paper, and thought it may be of intrest...?

Wireless Internet connection , coverage all across Thailand no land line required

see ..  http://www.edgethailand.com

PS. I have no connection with the company, just thought it may be of some intrest.

Mumbo....

It isn't that earth shattering, when you can't get edge it reverts to GPRS. You can get GPRS at a reasonable speed almost anywhere in Thailand - its a very good service.

Genuine edge is ony available in Bangkok. DTAC have a very good special for Edge.

Their website says,

Edge Thailand GPRS cards connect you to the net and offer an average speed of 40-60Kbs, allowing you to download files as fast as today's dial up modems.

Whoa, that's fast - not!

To me Edge or Gprs are very slow...Ive used Dtac Edge and Ais Gprs both only last me 2 month....Sometimes it could kill me i wish like trowing and smash my Edge Capabale Phone(Nokia) on the road...

you see...when the traffic is high the internet and files downloading gets very damm slow...and sometimes u get frustrated....I nearly smash my phone as it is always disconnected for no reason and the page uploading is slow too...

But now ive purchased the Sanyo Phone Cable modem...I could used my notebook anywhere in Thailand i think about 20+ provice will be able to used this hutch USB cable internet...

The phone could also use for airtime talk....I get a constance 70kbps during peak hrs at 7pm-11pm while Ais is only 15kbps and edge 30 kbps during peak hrs...

And the maximum speed i get for hutch usb cable internet is 120kbps at 0100hrs till 11am....

So i recomend hutch cable rather than Edge or GPRS

To me Edge or Gprs are very slow...Ive used Dtac Edge and Ais Gprs both only last me 2 month....Sometimes it could kill me i wish like trowing and smash my Edge Capabale Phone(Nokia) on the road...

you see...when the traffic is high the internet and files downloading gets very damm slow...and sometimes u get frustrated....I nearly smash my phone as it is always disconnected for no reason and the page uploading is slow too...

But now ive purchased the Sanyo Phone Cable modem...I could used my notebook anywhere in Thailand i think about 20+ provice will be able to used this hutch USB cable internet...

The phone could also use for airtime talk....I get a constance 70kbps during peak hrs at 7pm-11pm while Ais is only 15kbps and edge 30 kbps during peak hrs...

And the maximum speed i get for hutch usb cable internet is 120kbps at 0100hrs till 11am....

So i recomend hutch cable rather than Edge or GPRS