Booking Flights Online From Another Country

Lancashirelad

Does anybody know of travel/flight websites that will let you book a flight originating not from the country you are in at the time of booking?

i.e. I'm currently in the UK & want to book a flight from Bangkok to Manila. (airline websites are looking far too expensive).

A TV member kindly mentioned some of these to me a while back, however the only search facility i can find available here now seems to be very inadequate, so i can't find find the old post.

Cebu Air

Phillippine Airlines

Some flights can be very cheap

And some seem to be very expensive

check out EVA air or China Airlines (Taiwan) carrier. They have connecting flights through Taipei to Manila from Bangkok - although a additional connection, the distance is not too far.
Air asia is your best bet

Why go to the websites of individual carriers that will only quote you the fares on their airline when you can go to sites such as kayak, expedia, travelocity, orbitz, and vayama and get fare quotes on ALL airlines that fly the route you are interested in?

All the regular travel websites like kayak, expedia, travelocity, orbitz, vayama and the like should allow you to do this. I know kayak will. Since all the tickets issued are e-tickets anyway I don't know why they wouldn't.

Agreed. I have used expedia to do this many times.