Legality Of Nootropics In Thailand?

czGLoRy

Hey, I was wondering if it is legal to buy / use nootropics in Thailand. They are basically supplements to enhance cognitive performance/memory. The ones I am interested in particular are the racetams. Pramiracetam was at a local pharmacy, but it was quite expensive. These supplements are shown to be almost 100% nontoxic but often provide a load of benefits. I was interested in buying from amazon or ebay some aniracetam to use. Is it legal in Thailand? Thanks!t

Like all drugs, these do have side effects and contraindications, which should be taken in consideration

Piracetam is legal over the counter and there are locally made generic equiavelents not as expensive as the imports. Brand names include Mancetam, Mempil, noocetam

oxiracetam and aniracetam are approved for use in Thailand but no one seems to be importing it and no local brands AFAIK.

Although there are some side effects, they seem to be about as bad as caffeine (without being addictive). I do think I will order some aniracetam to try. The side effects reported all seemed to stem from a lack of choline, and my research on the subject makes me very inclined to try it with a choline supplement as well.

TY very much for the info ont he legality! Here is what wikipedia says fwiw

Piracetam has been found to have very few side effects, and those it has are typically "few, mild, and transient."[43] A large-scale, 12-week trial of high-dose piracetam found no adverse effects occurred in the group taking piracetam as compared to the placebo group.[44] Many other studies have likewise found piracetam to be well-tolerated.[43][45][46]

• 1 year later...

Like all drugs, these do have side effects and contraindications, which should be taken in consideration

Piracetam is legal over the counter and there are locally made generic equiavelents not as expensive as the imports. Brand names include Mancetam, Mempil, noocetam

oxiracetam and aniracetam are approved for use in Thailand but no one seems to be importing it and no local brands AFAIK.

this is an old post

whats the price range of these nootropics now

and are the generics as good as the real thing

thanks

• 4 months later...

this is an old post

whats the price range of these nootropics now

and are the generics as good as the real thing

thanks

I realize this is a really old thread but I am doing some research would also like to know about this. I live in Phuket. Thank you!

The generics are fine.

Sorry I don't know the cost of the generics.

Hi Sheryl, just wanted to say thanks for all your posts in this forum. You might not have answered any of my questions directly (except the one here) but you've been a great help to me! :)

If anybody is interested, I found Nootropil (generic Piracetam) over at a pharmacy. It's pretty expensive considering the dosage required especially at first. I had 400mg x 20 capsules for 250 baht.

I am ordering it online now instead. The shipping cost is pretty high but I got 800mg x 100 capsules and 1200mg x 60 capsules for 40 euros (shipping included). That's just under half the price of what it would be if I bought locally. Shipping cost was much higher than (over twice as much as) the actual capsules!

• 1 month later...

PharmaChoice CM has Nootropil 800 g x 30 for 710 baht. No generics available at PharmaChoice.

Hey, thanks! I have been hoping to find modafinil but I think there are no imported brands here and no one carries it. Better stock up when I go to India!