780,000 Methamphetamine Pills, 9 Kgs Of 'ice' Drug Seized

george

780,000 methamphetamine pills, 9 kgs of 'ice' drug seized

PATHUM THANI: -- Police Saturday arrested a man and a woman and seized 780,000 methamphetamine pills an 9 kilogrammes of crystal meth from them.

The two were arrested while allegedly delivering some drug at a wholesale shopping mall in Pathum Thani.

Police then took the two to their apartment in Saimai district and found the drug.

Police said the seized drug could have fetched some Bt260 million.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Aren't "ice" and methamphetamine the same thing?

Methamphetamine Pills are the conventional form of Yaba.... they can be smoked or swallowed.

Ice, or Crystal Meth is usually smoked. They both have the same active ingredient. Smoking Ice puts the chemical into the bloodstream faster. Both are extremely addictive and ruinous to the metabolism.

On a global basis, methamphetamine use is spreading far faster than cocaine, or it's derivative crack, because it can be made in any kitchen, and the precursor chemicals, of which ephadrine is the main ingredient, are far easier to obtain. Crack can only be made from cocaine, which can only be made from the coca leaf. Ephadrine is made by countless drug companies all over the world. North Korea makes tons of it every year, and isn't fussy about who it's sold to. Deaths from Methamphetamine use outstripped deaths from heroin use many years ago.

Edited by Murgatroyd

The more than can remove this from the streets the better.

Add this to the bust in Hat yai and that is indeed a LARGE amount.

I wonder how far up the food chain the bust will go.

And one other positive thing is, these busts happen

and no one is being shot to make a quota...

I am normally not for death sentences but in cases like that, follow the Chinese example and SHOOT THEM OR HANG THEM HIGH....best in the National Stadium in Bkk. These people are making a favour on other peoples life.

Ice is a terrible drug and its working much faster as "normal" Methamphetamines like yaba or extasy to waste lifes of people using it.....and not only these, also the lifes of family members of the abusers :)

take a seat and watch these pics. It shows a mid 20y.o. girl before and after Ice for 4 years only

woodbeforeandafter.jpg

I have seen a number of suspicious people outside my apartment building passing things to one another on the soi, Thai people in Sathorn small whatever it is yaba I figure. I am very observant and just happened to realize what is going on.

If they look that suspicious. perhaps its Gonorea they are passing on...!

The alarming thing about meth & other synthetic superstimulants like GHB & indeed the old-world PCP, are really not what they do to the user's complexion etc, but what they do to the brain & what that does to society. Advanced meth~heads are notoriously aggresive & consider murder etc. not a big deal, its just like breaking an object, something we in the care~community call the "walking through walls" mentality, they just see people as obstacles.

Soporifics like cannabis and unrefined-opium/coca and undistilled alcohol should be totally legal for home production even, & considered ok, this would really free the world governments time up for what is a waking nightmare of synthetic superstimulants.

Anything that numbs and stimulates at the same time can produce this, cocaine and crack do but they lack the really sharp synthetic kick which comes of your body rejecting a non-plantbased 'alien' chemical.

GHB & PCP are extrmely hazardous for the same reason, the user is numb to pain and numb to consequences of actions, while being stimulated to not sleep. Alcohol numbs but it also knocks you out after a while, so the social harm is (somewhat) less.

Famously a GHB user in England in the 90s, a young woman aged around 23, took a small amount of GHB while dancing in a night club , danced all night, came home and looked in the mirror and said "I never liked my teeth", and sat on her bed pulling every single one of her teeth out with a pair of pliers.She didnt scream or make noise, and when the family woke up they found her sitting there in a huge pool of blood and holding the pliers, like it wasnt a big deal.

Meth isn't so far removed from that at all. People who smuggle it and deal it are murderers by association, & the same with the other hard synth stimulants.

Rather disturbing as by anybodys measure 9 k's is a lot, if this was all destined for sale in LOS combined with what is making it to the streets the amout of users has to be a scary number.

Whats turning the Thais to this?

Edit,

I just read the 32 kilo bust, made the other guy look like a light weight

Edited by SoCa9346

Crystal Meth.. or Ice, is known as Yaa Ice or just ice in Thai.. it really is called YAA ICE in the media, news.. pronounced a-i-t..

The red pills.. which is also methamphetamine (just not in crystal, pure form) is called YAA BAA.. or the old school and still used street name Maa.. or YAA MAA.. the thing is this speed' was called horse because it made users strong and powerful like horses.. in the early nineties when Maa started to take over ( think a few years before Thaksin started up the extrajudicial killings etc) a minister famously changed the name too yaa baa because such a bad drug should not be compared too the positive strengths of a horse.

Also its sad and all these arrests will not affect anything because all these people are just low level couriers, the people who need to be stopped are the producers. Interestingly enough most of Burmas economy is built on the mass manufacturing of Yaa Baa and more recently Ice. They have been shipping it through the North as and more recently though Lao borders as well. Its hard to shut down industrial scale factories that are government protected. Wu State Army is responsible for most of the production ( WY ). An interesting read on this topic and how big of a role Burma plays in the production side of things can be found in the book Merchants of Madness (Linter & Black) found at most book stores in BKK.

Crystal Meth.. or Ice, is known as Yaa Ice or just ice in Thai.. it really is called YAA ICE in the media, news.. pronounced a-i-t..

The red pills.. which is also methamphetamine (just not in crystal, pure form) is called YAA BAA.. or the old school and still used street name Maa.. or YAA MAA.. the thing is this speed' was called horse because it made users strong and powerful like horses.. in the early nineties when Maa started to take over ( think a few years before Thaksin started up the extrajudicial killings etc) a minister famously changed the name too yaa baa because such a bad drug should not be compared too the positive strengths of a horse.

Also its sad and all these arrests will not affect anything because all these people are just low level couriers, the people who need to be stopped are the producers. Interestingly enough most of Burmas economy is built on the mass manufacturing of Yaa Baa and more recently Ice. They have been shipping it through the North as and more recently though Lao borders as well. Its hard to shut down industrial scale factories that are government protected. Wu State Army is responsible for most of the production ( WY ). An interesting read on this topic and how big of a role Burma plays in the production side of things can be found in the book Merchants of Madness (Linter & Black) found at most book stores in BKK.

Can we not go back to the old days when Paeng Kow White powder heroin No. 4 about 96% percent pure was the drug manufactured in Burma and wholesaled in Bangkok, Chaing Mai and other places in Thailand. Yes those were the days my friend, no yaba no ice, no meth, just the good painkiller.

ICE = METH.

However, CRANK is a different animal altogether. It's referred to as "biker meth." It's typically a less pure form of METH.

Yes, it's an amphetamine, but it's made different; cheaper and with the ability to make it "on the go easier than METH." This mobility has made these drugs deadlier in the USA than previous "cooks" or "batches." It has a recovery failure rate over 10 times than that of heroin. Bad stuff. These tweakers need help (and some new teeth) as it interfers with mineral (calcium and others)absorption.

Jesus, just one bust!

Makes you wonder how much drug use there really is going on out there.

I must be naive, but I rarely see someone I could point to and say I think they're on drugs. But with this level of volume there must be very widespread use.

Once you've seen someone go down the pan like that, you'll be able to tell from then on. I think that goes for all drugs, once you've witnesses the effects it has on the people close to you, its kinda hard to forget.

Can we not go back to the old days when Paeng Kow White powder heroin No. 4 about 96% percent pure was the drug manufactured in Burma and wholesaled in Bangkok, Chaing Mai and other places in Thailand. Yes those were the days my friend, no yaba no ice, no meth, just the good painkiller.

Haha, you really want that? I guess it does separate those who actually want to be a part of society from those who don't. I do agree though, "no yaba no ice, no meth" no matter what the substitute, must be a good thing.

Meth is a terrible terrible drug, a brain frying paranoia inducing habit that gets people hooked without warning.

Lol at the stupid anti ice properganda pic, I have met a lot of people who do ice regularly but I am still yet to run into death. I have never done it and yet somehow I look more like death than her, and I don't even do drugs... Maybe its more a lack of exercise or being in an office all day...

9kgs is nothing, I have seen the massive (project type places) housing projects around bangkok and if they don't look easier and more profitable than those towers in the TV show the wire, then idk what does. Probably enough for 1 day in one of those places...

Jesus, just one bust!

Makes you wonder how much drug use there really is going on out there.

I must be naive, but I rarely see someone I could point to and say I think they're on drugs. But with this level of volume there must be very widespread use.

Once you've seen someone go down the pan like that, you'll be able to tell from then on. I think that goes for all drugs, once you've witnesses the effects it has on the people close to you, its kinda hard to forget.

Haha, you really want that? I guess it does separate those who actually want to be a part of society from those who don't. I do agree though, "no yaba no ice, no meth" no matter what the substitute, must be a good thing.

Meth is a terrible terrible drug, a brain frying paranoia inducing habit that gets people hooked without warning.

Heroin free for 26 years now, without the help of methadone or anything else. When my daughter was born 1984 that was enough to straighten me out. Some one had to raise her, even though she does not talk to me today, whether she knows it or not she probably saved my life. Been there done that, and I never used needles, smoked and snorted.