Where To Find Decaf Coffee

thaitang

hi gang,

i have been drinking way too much coffee lately. I wanted to try switching to decaf in the afternoons and evenings, but I have had no success finding decaf coffee for sale at a reasonable price. I think the cheapest jar at Tescos or Tops I have found sofar is 400 Baht, which is 300 Baht more expensive than the (same size) jar of regular Nescafe I buy. I was expecting to pay a premium for decaf, just not 300%. For me that seems just a little too steep. I realize perhaps decaf is not the norm here, but I am just curious if anyone buys decaf regularly for home use that is a little more reasonably priced?

I wonder how much luck I might have at either BigC or CarreFour? I do not live anywhere near a Foodland which I know carries more westernized type food items, so I got to try to get to one to check it out. I also know there is a grocery store in the basement of Siam Paragon shopping mall that I have found food items at before that I could not find elsewhere in BKK, but I do not often get down that way either. If I knew they had what I was looking for though, I would get my arse moving and buys a few jars to last me 2-3 months.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreicated.

thanx,

tt

you are seriously asking this on thaivisa ? and your from bkk too ? i lived in a small isaan villiage and every shop sold decafe coffee. just go out to local shops and have a look, try tesco,s lotus for a start.

you are seriously asking this on thaivisa ? and your from bkk too ? i lived in a small isaan villiage and every shop sold decafe coffee. just go out to local shops and have a look, try tesco,s lotus for a start.

Best read the OP post again dmax :)

Can't help you with BKK, but here in Pattaya, not every store has decaf...actually, most don't. And if they do, it is double regular. I CAN NOT drink regular coffee. Just can't handle it. I have started mixing in a little regular to help cut the cost down and that seems to be OK so far. On my last trip here, I brought a very large can in...will do double that on the next trip! I might even have my friends smuggle in a can or two on their next trip here!!!!

I have seen it at Foodland and also at Central.

I live in Pattaya and last year i decided I’d turn to decaf but after seeing the price in the likes of Tesco/Lotus, Carrefour and a few other stores I decided to forget the idea.

Its not that I can’t afford it but everything has a price and for me its way to expensive here in LOS.

I buy decaf when I’m visiting my home in the UK and its not cheap but by comparison to what they charge in Thailand, it is cheap!!

On my last trip here, I brought a very large can in...will do double that on the next trip! I might even have my friends smuggle in a can or two on their next trip here!!!!

Well I do go home in May for a couple of weeks and I have thought I will bring some back, but that will only last me so long, I was hoping to find a regular source.

I have seen it at Foodland and also at Central.

Thanks for the reminder about Central. Central never comes to mind immediately b/c I biasedly always think of them as being so expensive. However, I remember when we were shopping for a water filter I mentioned to the GF that just for shits and giggles we should have a look in Central and hot dam_n was I surprised when their prices were lower for the same model we were ready to buy at Tescos.

If I come across anything surpringly cheap I will post it.

cheers,

tt