Olympic Hockey: Canada Vs. America

lis41

Congrats to the Yanks who WHUPPED us Canucks at our own game. It truly was "Millar time"!

Of course it's hard to get too excited about a bunch of over paid professional athletes playing a game in what is supposed to be an amature event.

I never really understood why Americans even cared about ICE hockey. Clearly a triumph of marketing. Hockey in California and the US south? Its absurd. Leave that one to the Canucks and Russkies ...

Easy, because it's a great game! There are some real hotbeds of hockey in the US. The New England (especially Boston) area, Minnesota, Dakotas, upstate NY, Colorado, and yes (thank you Gretzky!), even California. And some great US players have made a real impact in the NHL: Leetch, Chelios, Modano...

I agree though that the NHL's (commissioner Betman's) attempt to make hockey a successful southern US sport was ludicrous. It really is a niche sport, and should have been left that way IMO!

Should be a great gold medal game!

I never really understood why Americans even cared about ICE hockey. Clearly a triumph of marketing. Hockey in California and the US south? Its absurd. Leave that one to the Canucks and Russkies ...

Easy, because it's a great game! There are some real hotbeds of hockey in the US. The New England (especially Boston) area, Minnesota, Dakotas, upstate NY, Colorado, and yes (thank you Gretzky!), even California. And some great US players have made a real impact in the NHL: Leetch, Chelios, Modano...

I agree though that the NHL's (commissioner Betman's) attempt to make hockey a successful southern US sport was ludicrous. It really is a niche sport, and should have been left that way IMO!

Should be a great gold medal game!

Yes sir great game! NHL North vs NHL South! :)