Torrents

Wee Jimmy

I’m downloading films using Pirate Bay, Bit Torrent & Utorrent. When the film has been downloaded I can’t play them on Media Player,GOM Player, or Winamp, they all keep coming up with ‘no codec found’, what am I doing wrong?

Is thre a player I can use with windows that provides all codecs?

Help Please

Wee Jimmy.

^ Yes, download VLC. Google for it.

If VLC player does not work, be warned there are movies out there that expect you to download a specific codec for that movie. These codecs either cost money or are loaded with viruses. but as recommended by Phil VLC should play all the genuine movies. There is a problem with VLC though in that it is very difficult to get it to correctly display Thai subtitles, If that is a problem for you, I recommend you I use the Jet Audio player from Cowon.

Another freebee, to Google for AND Yes, despite the name it DOES play movies

I'm downloading films using Pirate Bay, Bit Torrent & Utorrent. When the film has been downloaded I can't play them on Media Player,GOM Player, or Winamp, they all keep coming up with 'no codec found', what am I doing wrong?

Is thre a player I can use with windows that provides all codecs?

The KMPlayer

Download | Mirror

I've been having issues with VLC for a while now, and it has tremendous problems playing HD movies (1080p) with stuttering and the like. I switched over to Zoom player and it's just been fantastic. Much better audio and video decoding than VLC.

Another vote for VLC (which you can find here). I've used for years now and it is the only player that will play anything I have thrown at it.

As was said above, if vlc can't play it because of a codec issue I'd stay clear of downloading some potential malware-infested codec.

Also as was mentioned above, many torrents come with clips in a number of rar-files compressed. You need to de-compress (usually only the first will do) the files and then it will (with WinRAR at least) put the movie in your folder.

I've been having issues with VLC for a while now, and it has tremendous problems playing HD movies (1080p) with stuttering and the like. I switched over to Zoom player and it's just been fantastic. Much better audio and video decoding than VLC.

I too have had a few problems with VLC recently. The most annoying is it insists on playing MP3s in random order, which is not good when trying to listen to a series of lecture files.

I have heard good reports of GOM

Has anybody here tried it?

whats the extension of the movie? Some movies are uploaded in .rar, the rar file needs to be extracted and converted...

i hate those rar ext. Some require a password after extraction then ask you to sign up at some dodgy site for something.

Others may have trojans so im told

But anyhow... let me ask you one question...How long you need to download "lets say" a 700 to 800 MB Movie by using Torrents???

Regards

Lammbock

It depends on several things: your connection speed as well as the number of active seeds/peers of a given torrent. A 2Mbps connection (running at full speed) can download up to 700MB per hour.

But anyhow... let me ask you one question...How long you need to download "lets say" a 700 to 800 MB Movie by using Torrents???

Regards

Lammbock

It depends on several things: your connection speed as well as the number of active seeds/peers of a given torrent. A 2Mbps connection (running at full speed) can download up to 700MB per hour.

Lousy Very Lousy i have to say. I never given anything on Torrents in Thailand. This Seeder/Leecher connection is just to bad here.

Since i came to Thailand i convinced many friends and family members to switch to OCH (One Click Hosting) like Rapidshare or Hofile or many many others.

I have a 12Mbs connection and i download 700MBs within 20min.

Its just a big joke as i saw some friends before downloading via Torrent Full HD Movies with 10GB or more not under 2 weeks.

I don't want judge anyone here but i guess you just got the time to wait a day for your Movie. :D

GET A RS Account and you have no headache any more. :)

So on HAPPY Loading!

Edited by Lammbock

I too have had a few problems with VLC recently. The most annoying is it insists on playing MP3s in random order, which is not good when trying to listen to a series of lecture files.

I have heard good reports of GOM

Has anybody here tried it?

I use Winamp for music. Video players I've used (and recommend):

Media Player Classic + K-Lite Codec Pack / ffdshow

GOM Player

The KMPlayer

GOM Player is very good. I used it for awhile until I discovered KMPlayer. Unlike many others here, I don't rate VLC which is #4 on my list of recommended players.

Lousy Very Lousy i have to say. I never given anything on Torrents in Thailand. This Seeder/Leecher connection is just to bad here.

Since i came to Thailand i convinced many friends and family members to switch to OCH (One Click Hosting) like Rapidshare or Hofile or many many others.

I have a 12Mbs connection and i download 700MBs within 20min.

Its just a big joke as i saw some friends before downloading via Torrent Full HD Movies with 10GB or more not under 2 weeks.

I don't want judge anyone here but i guess you just got the time to wait a day for your Movie. :D

GET A RS Account and you have no headache any more. :)

So on HAPPY Loading!

It's not as bad as you think... Besides, the number of seeds/peers has nothing to do with location. Whether it's here (in Thailand) or in the USA, the download will take time to complete if the torrent isn't well-seeded; bar other factors involved.

Just recently, I downloaded a m-HD 720p movie trilogy (approx. 7GB) in about 12 hours. Pretty darn good for my "slow" 2Mbit connection. I can't speak for anybody else on here, but my overall experience with torrents has been a positive one. I usually start torrents around midnight and leave it running for however long it takes to download or until the 1:1 ratio is satisfied. I also use HF, MU, RS regularly for stuff that isn't available on bit torrent. So yeah, my computer is running practically 24/7.

Since I live some 4KM from the telco exchange, 2Mbit is the maximum my line can handle. I wish I had a 12Mbit connection; I can do some serious damage. :D

Hi.

I have "videos" as a hobby and i have been through just about any software player that there is.

VLC is among the best of them but it, too, has issues - specially if files have names in Thai, Chinese or other non-western script VLC may state that the file is corrupted or some such, a simple renaming of said file will make it play. VLC plays those dreaded .rm and .rmvb files.

However the best solution for myself was to install the already-mentioned K-Lite Codec Pack, the full version of it - after that no more headache, even the weirdest formats played just fine in the standard Windows Media Player.

Nowadays i use that very same practical solution under Linux - instead of fiddling wit ha dozen different players i have installed the Ubuntu-restricted-extras and the w32-codecs packages and my default Movie Player plays everything i throw at it, for certain formats it complains about a missing codec however "cancel" in that window and the video will play regardless.

In my personal opinion having a whole package of codecs is still better than having a whole bunch of players....

Kind regards....

Thanh

I use FFdShow which runs alongside wmp, winamp etc

Google it

Totster :)

+1. That and the K-lite codec pack will handle anything. I installed these w/ Winamp Pro on a new build recently and it all works a treat. Players like VLC (great player) typically don't do libraries, ripping, etc. well or at all.