Belgian Fraud Suspect Nabbed At Phuket Bus Station

webfact

Please remember that this is only making the news because it's in the Phuket Gazette, circulation?? how many thousand 1, 2, 3. It's probably more but anyway it's local news in an area that has been built up solely due to the presence of farangs, hence the local english rag. So why not report about it??? Check your local news paper back home and you'll find far less interesting stories depending where your from of course. Anyway i checked the online versions of the Nation and Thai Rat newspapers and there's nothing about this story. Local news for local people, should be on the Phuket forum really... :)

I wonder who else has been implicated in this since he cannot be the majority holder in this company.

Work permit?

Passport and WP were held by the police since more than a year, I believe. His wife is also a fugitive as she was majority share holder in the company but no mention that she was apprehended. One could say he was some kind of a Robin Hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor and he was known for giving alms to monks every morning. I don't think this will help his case though.

Actually a clever thing he stayed in Phuket all this time (I assume). No one would ever had thought this. Must have had some kind of 'safe house' and help but in the end (like so often) he was given up. He didn't have lots of friends anyway because many got burned after doing business with him. He could be very generous and would go out of his way to help you but he also cheated lots of people. You could say he definetely belonged here. A really though guy but if it's true he's ill, I'm afraid he won't survive jail, even if it's only for a couple of years.

Targeted? Most of these foreign criminals target other foreigners so why snivel and complain over some poor Farang scumbag thief that got his sorry ass turned in by someone he obviously screwed? :D Or are you just a complainer? :)

The BIB seem to be targeting Farang at the moment.

I wonder what their clear up rate is for Thai criminals....... plenty of Thais guilty of murder freely walking the streets as they have been granted bail....

The BIB seem to be targeting Farang at the moment.

I wonder what their clear up rate is for Thai criminals....... plenty of Thais guilty of murder freely walking the streets as they have been granted bail....

Perhaps you should consider this;

- Foreign fraudsters often target other foreigners.

- When foreigners lose money they scream to everyone, including in TV.

- Now, the Thai police finally catch one of these alleged crooks, and the best some foreigners can do is to dismiss the effort.

<deleted> do you want? If they do not catch people like this, then the Thais are accused of being corrupt and lazy. When they do catch someone they are accused of targeting foreigners.

Make up your <deleted> mind ok. If this guy was engaged in criminal conduct, then it is a good thing that he's stopped.

It's one less alleged scamster ripping off people and giving foreigners a bad rep.

Someone got out of bed on the wrong leg today...

Just for t record... EVERYONE is targeting foreigners... Maybe time to catch some of these timesharing rip-offs like the Absolute or Laguna

I do admire the ears... Allright, there are some rude comments, but they sure made me laugh...

Anyway, he was just a manager at the Fitness place so not really the owner of anything... I guess we have to wait and see how this story develops

Yvone was as dodgy as they get and I'm surprised it took as long to catch him as it did. Actually, he is probably lucky it was the police who found him first.

He owes a lot of people a lot of money. If they all put cases forward, he could be inside for a long time.

His passport and WP have been confiscated for a long time and I saw him a few times in BKK, plying his scams. I'm sure he used buses as they were cheaper and he probably feared his name would pop up on a computer if he flew.

Don't forget he is a Judo world champion. He also claims his daughter was/is head of SWAT in Belgium at 22 (although he did tell some people she had been killed on duty), and did anyone else get the stories ofhis sexual problems? And his relationships with Presidents and his copper mining concessions. I also heard all the stories of charity, and schools, but his lies were so prevalent, that I doubt any of this is true. I do know a lot of what he stole went into his wifes name.

He may have only been a manager at Easy gym...but when you dont pay for the equipment or own it, yet you use it as collateral on other loans, eventually it will be repossesed. But that's just the way he operated.

Fortunately I was not one of his victims, but I know plenty who were. It's hard to imagine that he spent the 10's of millions he stole...but where did it all go?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yvone was as dodgy as they get and I'm surprised it took as long to catch him as it did. Actually, he is probably lucky it was the police who found him first.

He owes a lot of people a lot of money. If they all put cases forward, he could be inside for a long time.

His passport and WP have been confiscated for a long time and I saw him a few times in BKK, plying his scams. I'm sure he used buses as they were cheaper and he probably feared his name would pop up on a computer if he flew.

Don't forget he is a Judo world champion. He also claims his daughter was/is head of SWAT in Belgium at 22 (although he did tell some people she had been killed on duty), and did anyone else get the stories ofhis sexual problems? And his relationships with Presidents and his copper mining concessions. I also heard all the stories of charity, and schools, but his lies were so prevalent, that I doubt any of this is true. I do know a lot of what he stole went into his wifes name.

He may have only been a manager at Easy gym...but when you dont pay for the equipment or own it, yet you use it as collateral on other loans, eventually it will be repossesed. But that's just the way he operated.

Fortunately I was not one of his victims, but I know plenty who were. It's hard to imagine that he spent the 10's of millions he stole...but where did it all go?

I've got burned by him too.

mickey68

"The arrest followed an anonymous tip-off to police, who offered a 5,000 baht reward..."

5000THB!  Wow, how can I get on that gravy train?!

So the tip was anonymous? Somebody passed up 5K? Surely not. TIT.

Thank somebody served him up on a plate to BIB does not merit a 'well done' as far as I'm concerned. Even Clouseau couldn't mess that up.

• 1 month later...