Converting Proper Tourist Visa To Non-immigrant B

Someone just mentioned to me that rather than giving up my multi-entry tourist visa and going to Laos or Penang for a non-imm B (to get a work permit), that I can just go to Bangkok Immigration and convert my visa... can someone explain how that is done?

thanks

You may find someone who will help you sort this out on your own. If you decide that you want professional assistance, my staff can handle this for you - for a fee. If interested, please contact Khun "Beer" at our office, at 02-260-3914. She can handle this for you.

There is a procedure - but it is not one that proceeds in quite the straight-forward manner as with a regular Class B situation.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

As Steve says you may want a little help but this is the listed procedure:

Application for change of visa type to work in Thailand (NON-:o

Application to change visa type

Passport copy

1 passport picture, 4x6 cm.

Fee 2,000.- Baht

Letter stating reason for employing a foreigner and asking for permission to change visa type

Employment confirmation (according to the standard set by the Labour Department)

Company registration confirmations

Value added tax register, special business tax register, shareholders list

Company registration certificates

Budget documents of company or letter of notification

Income tax documents (P.Ng.D. 1, P.Ng.D. 50) or letter of notification

Evidence of education and experience of foreigner

request to change visa type by BOI, Industrial Estates of Thailand or Petroleum of Thailand (if any)

Remarks 

The applicant's documents are required to be certified by himself/herself on every page.

Documents of the cmpany must be certified by the authorized director(s) with the company seal (if any) affixed on every page.

Please prepare and submit all documents as listed in a complete set on the filing date of application for convenience and expeditious processing (contact call: 0-2287-4948)

In case any relevant documents of application are issued in a language other than English or Thai, these must be translated into English or Thai and ceritfied by the Embassy or Consulate of the aplicant's county in Thailand

Source: Immigration Bureau

yeah... i have a multi entry... have already used up my first 30 days, have to go out and come back in for the next 30 by tuesday. am i eligible? does anyone know if it is as straightforward as the procedure outlined above?

^ What are you talking about a multi-entry tourist Visa that only gives you 30 days on entry? If that's the case something is wrong. Are you referring to an on entry stamp (i.e. no actually card or sticker in your passport from a Consulate or Embassy?) as if that's the case you can't convert. It has to be a 'proper' tourist Visa (i.e. 60 days on entry with (generally) the option to extend for a further 30 days) otherwise it can't be done.

Please advise?

i am talking about a multi entry tourist visa... you get 60 days, can extend for one month at immigration, then you go out and back in at the nearest border and get another 60 days extendable by one month, repeat. i have already used my first 60+ 1 month.

yeah... i have a multi entry... have already used up my first 30 days, have to go out and come back in for the next 30 by tuesday. am i eligible? does anyone know if it is as straightforward as the procedure outlined above?

:o ..........tourist visas are good for 60 days stay extendable by 30 days within Thailand, why are you going out and in every 30 days?

Edit .....sorry you posted as i was typing.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Gotcha, sorry!

Again though does anyone know if it's doable on the extension, rather than the entry per se?

I would suggest asking immigration directly at the phone number provided as per MFA web site as it is 'up to them':

3.3 Foreigners entering the Kingdom under a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) wishing to engage in business activities may apply for a change to Non-Immigrant Visa at the Immigration Bureau Office located at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 2873101-10 or at website http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten. htm. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

This is the option that my job has decided is best for both them and me, so if anyone has personal experience or advice on doing it successfully, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!