Seizing Any Of My Money Would Be Unfair: Thaksin

webfact

Well this post says you at least acknowledge that Thaksin is "elite" but then skips over his cronies :) If you think Thaksin is in trouble for criticizing the other "elite" you certainly show that you don't have a real view of the situation.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this post says you at least acknowledge that Thaksin is "elite" but then skips over his cronies :) If you think Thaksin is in trouble for criticizing the other "elite" you certainly show that you don't have a real view of the situation.

No, not for criticizing them but for doing things that they didnt like I believe their issue is mostly about him upsetting the balance between rich and poor after all the elite have a vested interest in keeping the poor, poor and without a political voice. In all honesty none of us can have ' a real view of the situation' but can only speculate. I have come to this conclusion from what I have listened to Thai people say after I asked them questions about their views of the situation (their views also obviously involve a certain amount of speculation.)

was there a single day since 2006 when he was not all over TV forum? ,,,,,sorry, I dont remember :D

AND is HE worth talking about him every beautiful day here in LoS, will this go on for the next 4 years too?

Is there a gun to your head?

made a mistake while using SUPER GLUE :)

game_gun_blk2.jpg

No, not for criticizing them but for doing things that they didnt like I believe their issue is mostly about him upsetting the balance between rich and poor after all the elite have a vested interest in keeping the poor, poor and without a political voice. In all honesty none of us can have ' a real view of the situation' but can only speculate. I have come to this conclusion from what I have listened to Thai people say after I asked them questions about their views of the situation (their views also obviously involve a certain amount of speculation.)

Like i have said before, for all of Thaksin's flaws, his one great legacy is to awoken the hopes and dreams of the poor thais. He gave them a voice and set in motion this revolution...the revolution is getting stronger and bigger each day suppassing thaksin the man soon.

Edited by somluck

Like i have said before, for all of Thaksin's flaws, his one great legacy is to awoken the hopes and dreams of the poor thais. He gave them a voice and set in motion this revolution...the revolution is getting stronger and bigger each day suppassing thaksin the man soon.

Yes, so why then does he have a problem with actually being poor then?

So your rationale is that he who fights for the poor should also be a poor man (financially) himself?

Tell that to the world's richest man

So your rationale is that he who fights for the poor should also be a poor man (financially) himself?

Tell that to the world's richest man

Not quite 'should', but more 'why not'? If Mr Thaksin has been so successful in awakening the hopes and dreams of the poor of Issan, (as I believe to be quite realistically true and a good thing that I respect and like the man for a job well done), then what's wrong with joining the ranks of those same people, if it's so good?

Don't expect to be rewarded for anything good you do, and you'll never wind up some beggar on the streets of Dubai.

Fugitive Deposed ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra

Jeez. Those subs at The Nation are getting even worse. (Though is such a thing possible?)

Ummm if you want accuracy you need a longer statement

"Deposed caretaker premier and convicted felon Thaksin S. who is currently on the run from justice and facing approximately 20 additional charges and a mandatory 2 years in jail when he returns to Thailand"

But "Fugitive ex-premier ..." pretty well covers the truth.

Because there's no contradiction between wanting to be wealthy oneself and - at the same time - not wanting your countrymen to live in Dickensian poverty. The available moral positions aren't - obviously - limited to uber-capitalist fuc_k-you super-bastard and Gandhi-like renunciate.

Too True!

But there IS a contradiction between being the leader of a "Democracy *cough* Movement" and having dismantled the checks and balances required by democracy, stated that Democracy was not your goal, and having lined your pockets at the expense of the people you should have been governing and not stealing from!

Deposed caretaker premier and convicted felon Thaksin S. who is currently on the run from justice a highly politicised judiciary which is in the pockets of the military-capitalist elite and which will stop at nothing to thwart democracy

Sorted that out for you.

No, all you did was violate Thai law by impugning the judiciary as well as skipped over the basic facts that in the one trial that has been held so far, Thaksin said he had faith in them until he cut and ran (after the bakery money was rejected?).

He said he still hoped to be able to return to Thailand this year.

Can someone please inform the guy that he is welcome in Thailand all the time.And he is even offered some free accommodation.

There is nothing to be stressed about. If I don't receive justice, I will fight for it in every way," he said.

Fighting for it in every way? Hope your cash will come to those people here who really need it. And here're lots........................

There should be 2 rules about posting on political topics!

1) Have a brain that is not put in idle .....

and

2) Have a sense of humor!

Perhaps you should think about either following your own advice or changing your signature.

There should be 2 rules about posting on political topics!

1) Have a brain that is not put in idle .....

and

2) Have a sense of humor! lol lol lol lol lol lol

Civil war is looming....maybe this is for the better.

Violence, carnage and death is ok if for some greater good then?! Just so long as somluck isn't a victim right?

Freedom comes at a price. The spilling of blood is inevitable

I'm sure Khun.T would agree with you.

The loss of a few thousand odd Thai lives is a sacrifice he is no doubt willing to make in the name of freedom - otherwise known as his money and power.

Civil war is looming....maybe this is for the better.

Violence, carnage and death is ok if for some greater good then?! Just so long as somluck isn't a victim right?

Freedom comes at a price. The spilling of blood is inevitable

The loss of a few thousand odd Thai lives is a sacrifice he is no doubt willing to make in the name of freedom - otherwise known as his money and power.

Khun T and half of Thailand agrees with me. This revolution is happening. The poor Thais are rising up. No one can stop the wave. Accept it

Thaksin will have some of his assets taken and later he will be pardoned. Where he goes in the future depends how long this weak government can keep control.

Sharkfin, sorry I mean Thaksin, will Never be pardoned , and lets hope the courts take all of his ill-gotten gains.. and some more..... Friday will tell ... And this weak government have done well with the Economy and things are slowly but surely becoming more transparent... well done Abhisit... but can we arrange a whip-round for Thaksins poor children... my heart really goes out to them...

Thaksin will have some of his assets taken and later he will be pardoned. Where he goes in the future depends how long this weak government can keep control.

Sharkfin, sorry I mean Thaksin, will Never be pardoned , and lets hope the courts take all of his ill-gotten gains.. and some more..... Friday will tell ... And this weak government have done well with the Economy and things are slowly but surely becoming more transparent... well done Abhisit... but can we arrange a whip-round for Thaksins poor children... my heart really goes out to them...

Dun count your chickens too early. Stranger things have happened in Thailand. One thing for sure is the red movement started by Thaksin will not go away whatever the verdict or whatever happens to Thaksin. If Thaksin lose his billions, maybe it will be seen as a setback for the reds by some, but then even Sun Yat Sen had his share of setbacks....

I love these kind of topics. They always bring out the best and brightest TVers. But what I like even more, is listening to Thaksin whinge. Article made my whole day. lol

If its your money, come home and claim it, if you dare. If not <deleted>. :)

If/When Thaksin comes home, he will claim more than just his money (which btwis rightfully his)

Can someone please inform the guy that he is welcome in Thailand all the time.And he is even offered some free accommodation.

You being a Thai and with the right to speak on behalf of all Thai People?

Freedom comes at a price. The spilling of blood is inevitable[/b]

Khun T and half of Thailand agrees with me. This revolution is happening. The poor Thais are rising up. No one can stop the wave. Accept it

Ummmm simple math and real life would suggest that you are more than just a little incorrect :) (Thankfully)

Freedom comes at a price. The spilling of blood is inevitable[/b]

Ummmm simple math and real life would suggest that you are more than just a little incorrect :) (Thankfully)

Like I said, any revolution would take time and ready to suffer setbacks after setbacks....thankfully time is on the side of the reds though :D

Like I said, any revolution would take time and ready to suffer setbacks after setbacks....thankfully time is on the side of the reds though :D

Are you suggesting the poor Thais are revolting?

With som luck, this present government will be able to steer Thailand through the present difficulties and help make life a bit

easier by creating real change for the poor downtrodden masses.

Unlike Thaksin, who made sure that there was always something in it for him or his companies anytime his government did something for the poor (and rich).

Edited by ratcatcher