Amnat Charoean

dan7385

HI everyone

Well I am back here for 7 days from my "home" in Chiang Mai. Met a guy from Uk today in Amnat called Terry, from Nottingham. Very helpful and informative and I believe he lives in "Namoma" hope that is the correct spelling.

I took early retirement and have lived in BKK and Chiang Mai now for just about a year. But neither places are for me.

I am now seriously considering moving in or near to Amnat Charoean within the next three to four months. Any help greatly appreciated. Not interested in bars or wild social nights. More concerned about day to day living and what if any, is the Farang inter connection bedtween local Farngs.

Will consider buying or building a house in the right area when I have sufficient information.

Please message me or email to [email protected]

Many thanks to those of you who reply.

Dan

Edited by dan7385

Terry is indeed a gentleman. Yes, he lives in Ban Na Mo Ma which is abount 15k west from Amnat. There are a few farangs here who mainly live in villages surrounding Amnat. Amant has yet to attract a Big C or Lotus with the nearest Big C in Yasothon which is twice the size of Amnat. If you need a base here for a while you can stay at the Fai kid hotel which is the best place in town. You should be able to get a AC room for 400baht per night but the do have suites there too.Good luck

Terry is indeed a gentleman. Yes, he lives in Ban Na Mo Ma which is abount 15k west from Amnat. There are a few farangs here who mainly live in villages surrounding Amnat. Amant has yet to attract a Big C or Lotus with the nearest Big C in Yasothon which is twice the size of Amnat. If you need a base here for a while you can stay at the Fai kid hotel which is the best place in town. You should be able to get a AC room for 400baht per night but the do have suites there too.Good luck

Thanks Zoolander. I gave Terry my card with phone number etc. If you know how to contact him, could you ask him to give me a call.

I am here until 28th and would like to meet up to get some more information. Thank you for all the info you have provided.

Regards

Dan

I stay @ amnat occasinally, as my G/F comes from senang about 20 klms north, If you want stay for short time the hotel fai kid is good prices start 500 baht, but personally I would consider ubon ratchathani, it's quietier traffic wise, better choice accom, more choice nitelife, for the long term it's a better base

regards songhklasid.

Traffic is quieter in Ubon then Amnat? That's a new one on me!

Your right there Memock, maybe he should look at Mukdahan, there are 2 very good Foreign built houses here for sale at the moment and you have the benifit of the easy trip over the bridge to Lao to get the things that you pay through the neck for in Thailand like wine etc.

Your right there Memock, maybe he should look at Mukdahan, there are 2 very good Foreign built houses here for sale at the moment and you have the benifit of the easy trip over the bridge to Lao to get the things that you pay through the neck for in Thailand like wine etc.

Any idea of what sort of houses and price range? Thanks for the replies so far everyone

Dan

Any idea of what sort of houses and price range? Thanks for the replies so far everyone

Dan

If you look at this site, houses for sale in Mukdahan you will find 2 listed, 1 on the river built by a Yank and 1 in Pompat village close to the city plus there are a number of new estates around Muk with good quality homes being built starting at around 2 million baht. You need to come and look for yourself, If you do and i can be of assistance please feel free to contact me at my B&B/ Restaurant on the Mekong river, for directions look at New Restaurant in Mukdahan for foreigners on this forum.

• 1 month later...

"I am now seriously considering moving in or near to Amnat Charoean within the next three to four months. Any help greatly appreciated. Not interested in bars or wild social nights. More concerned about day to day living and what if any, is the Farang inter connection bedtween local Farngs."

Here is a website for info on Amnatcharoen http://amnatcharoenthailand.blogspot.com/