Mouse Traps

Hey screaming eagle, The best mice and rat traps are the ones you can buy at Big C and Lotus. They are in a box about 30cm in diameter and have a very stick substance on them. Put some food in the middle and when the mouse etc walks on it to get the food, there's no way they will get off. They are the best traps I have ever seen. :)

Hey screaming eagle, The best mice and rat traps are the ones you can buy at Big C and Lotus. They are in a box about 30cm in diameter and have a very stick substance on them. Put some food in the middle and when the mouse etc walks on it to get the food, there's no way they will get off. They are the best traps I have ever seen. :D

OK! Thanks. Them pesky mice are in for a sticky surprise! :)

Hey screaming eagle, The best mice and rat traps are the ones you can buy at Big C and Lotus. They are in a box about 30cm in diameter and have a very stick substance on them. Put some food in the middle and when the mouse etc walks on it to get the food, there's no way they will get off. They are the best traps I have ever seen. :D

OK! Thanks. Them pesky mice are in for a sticky surprise! :)

They certainly work. Although I hope you have the stomach to kill them quickly after they have been caught. In my opinion the sticky boards are pretty cruel as they keep the creatures alive for many hours. My neighbour was distraught when she caught a rat in one of these and I had to take a spade to it to finish it off.The noise it made trying to free itself was terrible. I think as humans we can do better. After all, whatever they are doing wrong they are only trying to make a living.

If placed in an open position they also get little birds stuck to them.

The old metal mouse and rat traps are best, they are at least instant in most cases. I have seen them in the multi-purpose stores by the roadside.

We use a live trap. Mouse walks in, goes for food, door swings shut. Mice get taken across the road and dumped in the jungle far from our house.

I don't have the stomach, nor the need, to see an animal die painfully, slowly and horribly in one of those sticky traps. I feel much better knowing mr mouse is off in the jungle taking his chances with the pythons and cobras :)

I wish anyone using a sticky trap die's the same way - in sheer agony!

It's nasty, the nastiest way to get rid of such pest's!

Besides many times Geckos are in there first!

Employ a well trained Cobra who will put up a show in the evening after hours... !

:)

As sbk said the live traps are by far the best ones!

then there is poison but ehem' ... if kids or you pet dog get's it....

And besides, are you 100% sure it's mice?

Cockroaches do similar damage, believe it or not!

Start with a live trap and you will know!

Employ a well trained Cobra who will put up a show in the evening after hours... !

They don't die is shear agony.....a quick bash on the head and it's all over. never had a Gecko or other creature trapped in one, maybe a cockroach or two. I've seen them alive and in agony in the old type traps on many occasions. Cheers

I know it's mice. I've seen the b**gers scramble up the wall mountings. What attracts them is the small Buddha shrine in the bar where the ladies give daily offerings of water, vodka (don't ask!) and fruit!

always found the poison very effective as long as other animals cannot eat it. had rat in roof a few weeks ago, put poison up there dead a few days later, i know because of the stench we had, then maggots coming out of the ceiling panels for a few days. nice

always found the poison very effective as long as other animals cannot eat it. had rat in roof a few weeks ago, put poison up there dead a few days later, i know because of the stench we had, then maggots coming out of the ceiling panels for a few days. nice

Probably not a good option for the Bar :)

We use a live trap. Mouse walks in, goes for food, door swings shut. Mice get taken across the road and dumped in the jungle far from our house.

I don't have the stomach, nor the need, to see an animal die painfully, slowly and horribly in one of those sticky traps. I feel much better knowing mr mouse is off in the jungle taking his chances with the pythons and cobras :)

Do you know anywhere on Samui where I can get 'live traps', sbk?

Hey screaming eagle, The best mice and rat traps are the ones you can buy at Big C and Lotus. They are in a box about 30cm in diameter and have a very stick substance on them. Put some food in the middle and when the mouse etc walks on it to get the food, there's no way they will get off. They are the best traps I have ever seen. :)

yes they work. with gekos ( big ones ) asel. infact i have to get some more

yes they work. with gekos ( big ones ) asel. infact i have to get some more

I know I'm rising to the bait (pun) but why do you have such a desire to kill (ultimately) Geckos? ......Very strange. :)

As Poor Sucker said, borrow a couple of cats.

SBK, when you take them into the forest you should put a drop of red nail varnish on them, just to make sure it's not the same ones coming back each time!!! "Ha, ha - we got her good. She thinks we all look the same"

Or get those rubber wire protection tube thingies.