Sending Windows 7 From The Uk

MaiDong

My evaluation copy of Windows 7 is nearly out of time, I'm thinking of asking family to send a genuine copy of it to me here in Thailand, has anybody ever had any problems doing this?

I've looked around at prices and can't justify spending double the cost here in Thailand compared to the UK

Any experiences?

How would I go about using an activation key on my evaluation copy of Windows 7? I've got the disc here, supplied by a very helpful TV member, but I'm not being asked for an activation code, I'm jsut being told my copy will die every 2 hours in the next week or so...

Officially you can not upgrade windows 7RTM, however if you use google you find there is a way around it that makes the new install think you have Vista and it does the upgrade. Keep in mind you only need the upgrade version, ia it really that expensive compared to UK?

I got my son to send an upgrade Win 7 Home Premium from VISTA disc that I bought from Amazon and had posted to his house. He then sent it on. Cost me about £65 from Amazon and about £5 postage. He emailed me the activation code but also sent it as a precaution. I had to wait for the disc as ,unless you buy the upgrade directly from Microsoft there seems to be no way of downloading it.

All worked fine, took about 3 hours to upgrade, had to load HP drivers yet again but otherwise fine. No problems with a UK version in Thailand so far ( 2 months)

Good luck If you can wait the extra week or so to get the copy from the UK it's the way to go. A real version, and you have the disc.

I only payed about 4500 for windows 7 home premium. Cheaper as in Holland anyway.

Maybe Holland is more expensive than the UK, I found these prices - cheapest UKP£46/THB2350 Google shopping results for Windows 7 Home Premuim

I bought the version that they sell for 70 quid there in the UK so its 1000 bt cheaper then here. I wonder how much postage will be and if they will tax it. But if you go for the even cheaper upgrade versions then it might be worth it.

There can be restrictions on where you can activate your Windows 7 copy. The versions bought in Thailand can only be activated in South East Asia. And just the other day I tried using a MS Office 2007 Enterprise key bought in UK, it didn't work in Thailand.

Not saying that it won't work, just be careful and check first if it's possible to activate it in Thailand.

There can be restrictions on where you can activate your Windows 7 copy. The versions bought in Thailand can only be activated in South East Asia. And just the other day I tried using a MS Office 2007 Enterprise key bought in UK, it didn't work in Thailand.

Not saying that it won't work, just be careful and check first if it's possible to activate it in Thailand.

No problems activating UK bought Windows 7 from a PC built in Thailand.

No problems activating UK bought Windows 7 from a PC built in Thailand.

Same here, UK bought W7 Ultimate, installed and activated just fine in Thailand.

My Indian bought W7 Ultimate will only activate in India.

No it is the Banana IT normal price as far as I know for the 32 bit Win 7 Home Premium OEM package. Bought at Fortune.

Part No x15-56683-01

Local Part No: X10-63162

Build 11/03/09

Win Home Prem 7 32-bit English

SEA 1pk DSP OEI DVD