Cool Clubs-good Music Bangkok

coldcrush

Hiya all wanted to get a good list together of GOOD NIGHTCLUBS in Bangkok. I know a few but want to get you lot to put a list together for me to make it easy. Please do not add rubbish sleazy ones. I would like good house music or dance venues.

:o

Bangkok seems to be getting a good reputation as a clubbing city, but I don't really think this is fair. I guess it depends what music and styles you like. Most of the popular places are really pretencious - Qbar, Mystique, Bedlam. Full of wanna-be hi-so people and half naked gay men.

Theres a nice jazz place on soi 55.

I quite like Lucifers in Patpong, although it is a bit sleazy. They play trance and techno but the same tunes every night! Its often open late, sometimes until 3:00AM.

DDM club near Khaosan is sometimes good, they play trance and D&B.

RCA is ok, but mainly Thai music, might find some nice ladies over there but a bit young (early 20's).

Check out the guys on the Bangkok Gig Guide......rock your cotton sex off for weeks... :o

sample plus hundreds more...alll tastes and sizes... :D

15 Street

79/1-2 Soi 15 Narathivas-Rachanakarin Road ,

Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

Tel: 02-676 2479

Open Time: 6pm-2am

Credit cards accepted.

Music From: 7pm .

Ad Here The 13 th

13 Samsen Road , Banglumphu

Phrnakorn, Bangkok 10200

Tel: 09-769 4613

Open Time: 5pm-2am.

Music From: 9.30pm .

Ad Makers Pub & Restaurant

51/1 Soi Lang Suan

Ploenchit Road

Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel: 02-652 0168-9

Fax: 02-251 2892

Open Time: Sun-Thu, 5.30pm-1am (Fri & Sat untill 2am)

Credit cards accepted

Music From: 8pm.

This is a very popular locals' hang out that also attracts a good following of expats. The outside suggests a more elegant venue than the beer hall-style operation within. There is a good bar, but that seems to be ignored in favour of the many bare wooden tables around the various areas.

The food comes from an extensive menu which is predominantly Thai, although there are a few farang dishes, including a pig hock, on offer.

Ad Makers is clearly a place to chill-out and there are plenty of private bottles of JW Black behind the bar as testament to the regulars' preferences. The music is normally provided by one of the better Bangkok bands playing good covers with a strong rock bias.

See gig of the week review

Allamanda Coffee Shop..................and ON and On and On and >>....ON

good advice, I didnt think qbar, Mystique were that bad. however I agree Lucifers is good music. Full of daytripper falang though! joking.... However Rinrada you have not describe the style of music played at your Clubs?

Keep em coming.. gotta get em all! :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Well I've been here nearly five years and have checked out every place there is on a number of occasions:

Lucifers used to be my favourite a few years ago but, as someone has mentioned, it has become sleazy over the last year or so. And worse, they tend to play music that's now a few years old with little variation.

DDM is poorly DJ-ed and is a guesthouse/come disco, a concept that I can't ever see taking off.

The only quality place I have found that plays imported house/trance is Eeze on RCA. It's a small club so you will get to know the people though go there very quickly, and if you genuinely do like the music mentioned above, then this is your best option. I will be there next Saturday so can chat to you about this in person if you like.

Some of the clubs further along RCA are okay, though more expensive and the quality of the music can be variable.

Well I've been here nearly five years and have checked out every place there is on a number of occasions:

Lucifers used to be my favourite a few years ago but, as someone has mentioned, it has become sleazy over the last year or so. And worse, they tend to play music that's now a few years old with little variation.

DDM is poorly DJ-ed and is a guesthouse/come disco, a concept that I can't ever see taking off.

The only quality place I have found that plays imported house/trance is Eeze on RCA. It's a small club so you will get to know the people though go there very quickly, and if you genuinely do like the music mentioned above, then this is your best option. I will be there next Saturday so can chat to you about this in person if you like.

Some of the clubs further along RCA are okay, though more expensive and the quality of the music can be variable.

For the benefit of a dimwit like myself, could you tell me the address of Eeze and RCA.

For the benefit of a dimwit like myself, could you tell me the address of Eeze and RCA.

I've also heard of RCA but can't find it on the map......can anyone give a link to a map to find the place.

I've heard Ratchada Soi 4 is good to but I haven't been able to find that either

Difficult to explain because it depends on where you are coming from. If you know Petchaburi Road, then it's more or less off that but to be honest all you need to do is get in a taxi and say R.C.A. If you're downtown, you'd be hard-pressed to find a driver who doesn't know where it is. Ezze is about half-way along and has a distinctive blue sign, which should make it easy to find.

I've also heard of RCA but can't find it on the map......can anyone give a link to a map to find the place.

I've heard Ratchada Soi 4 is good to but I haven't been able to find that either

Wooah.... RCA is on, um, RCA. It stands for Royal City Avenue, but you're better off looking for RCA, certainly that's all you need to say to a taxi driver.

Ratachada Soi 4: go to Ratchada at the soi 4 end, and look for the soi numbered "4". Or by taxi, say "Ratchada soi 4".

I kill myself :D

Seriously they are both not too far from Rama 9 subway station, which is close to the junction of Rama 9 and Ratchada. They might even be mentioned on the local area map in the subway station. All the same, perhaps you should consider taking a taxi.

Edited by The_Other_Mac

Thanks for the input Mak, it seems to be a popular choice RCA. I think i will give it a go! *Dancing shoes ready for return!

Keep em coming please. Any ideas for a Hip Hop club.. Come on there must be more to Bangkok than this!

If you like HipHop, you can go to The Bed Supperclub (on Suk. Soi 11) on Tuesdays or Mystique (on Suk. Soi 33)....

Another good club is Tapas on Silom Soi 4 on a weekend night - house music and QBAR on some nights especially when they have guest DJ's..

A friend of mine said that a Thai club called Escudo between Thonglo soi 13-15 is quite good.

Anyhow,

I wonder if anyone knows a good Latino Club..

Heres a few hUsh, the first one being good fun as I wnet a dance my scoks off not so long ago.

The Salsa Club:Address: Pathumwan Princess Hotel MBK Shopping Center

444 Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok

The Salsa Club provides the ultimate Latin experience in Bangkok, with delicious food, appetising drinks, exotic Latin flavors, and hot dancing and live entertainment. The club brings together all concepts that are Latin under one roof: a dash of spice, plenty of rhythms, exotic dance steps, refreshing Latin-Thai culinary flavors, and lots of style.

Tapas Music Club:

Tapas is a refreshing club with music, dancing and rhythms ranging from salsa to jazzy house and disco beats. Its top floor has a more relaxed Garage/House vibe and its bottom floor has a Deep House for dancing. Tapas is a good option for those tired of poppy techno/trance. It opens daily from 7.00 pm to 3.00 am.

Address: 114/17 Silom Soi 4, Saladaeng, Bangkok

QUE PASA

Located at Silom Soi 4

Tiny Tex Mex Tijuana style border bar on Silom Soi 4.

Latin and western dance , pop CDs, that maintains a good

times groove. Every square inch is for dancing in, with little

room to move. Forget the steps; just wiggle.

BAR LATINO

RCA Road RCA Road Tel: 641 4169

Classic RCA theme pub. Ricky Martin and Lambada pop

from a Thai DJ. Thai drinking food from Siam Cafe.

Well, chilli is from Latin America.

Salsa dance leader 8-9 PM.

hope that helps. They are not really classic latin, but offer a fun night out. I would like to hear of any good latin clubs playing less mainstream stuff if anyone knows?

Ty

Edited by lopburiguy

www.bangkokspin.comAvoid the "Superclubs" though. They are NOT a true reflection of the Bangkok club scene, music-wise.

It may be a good club, but they are in desperate need of a trained web designer. I clicked all over heck and back to find where real the entrance was, all the time being bored to tears with that tedious repeating music.

bright colours [as in red/orange/etc] standard for 'clickable'

if not, not clickable

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

a good thing I only downed three long island teas, two mai tais and six near beers ...

desi

I'm a lifelong fan of real European club music (house and trance) so can recommend a few places in Bangkok:

1. Narcissus, sukhumvit soi 31 I think

Unbeatable for pure up to date trance, amazing decor, sound system that beats anything I heard in UK, and women.

2. Bed on special nights

3. Flix at RCA

4. Met Bar (members only, but some great music)

5. Lucille at RCA

6. Tapas on Silom soi 4

If you want to join up for some clubbing sometime that'd be cool. I wouldn't mind trying Eeze as I've never been there.

I actually made myself laugh when I posted it :o

When I went there they did play my favourite song tho

Deep in the bosom of the gentle night

Is when I search for the light

Pick up my pen and start to write

I struggle, fight dark forces

In the clear moon light

Without fear... insomnia

I can't get no sleep

I used to worry, thought I was goin' mad in a hurry

Gettin' stress, makin' excess mess in darkness

No electricity, something's all over me, greasy

Insomnia please release me and let me dream of

Makin' mad love to my girl on the heath

Tearin' off tights with my teeth

But there's no release, no peace

I toss and turn without cease

Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast

At least a couple of weeks

Since I last slept, kept takin' sleepers

But now I keep myself pepped

Deeper still, that night I write by candle light

I find insight, fundamental movement, uh

So when it's black this insomniac take an original tack

Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack

I gets no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I can't get no sleep

I need to sleep, although I get no sleep

I need to sleep, although I get no sleep

Only kidding Sateef, might be good if you like that sort of thing, as for the insomnia thats probably off the crazy people you meet in Nana!

However I may pop in on a drunken night out, who knows!

Edited by lopburiguy

Route 66 is now the most popular nightclub around. Good music all night round with scores of fit birds. But make sure you turn up early or make reservations as you won't be able to find a place to stand, let alone a table, after say 10 p.m.

Yes, Route 66 is packed every night at the moment on the RCA strip, but it's 100% hip hop.

I'd also recommend Zantika on Ekkamai and a few smaller ones on Thonglor too. Can't think of any good places on Ratchada anymore apart from the after-hours bars.

So what about mellow style places for house music with a more chilled out feel. You know like setees and all that stuff I have been to Mystique etc and went to Balcony bar, but where are they all hidden?

I like sometimes to chill in a club envirnment. :o

Here is a list I compiled for some friends a few weeks ago:

Nightclubs / Dance Discos I've been to:

Spasso

Probably my favourite place so far. Hard to get a table. Fun good live music.

Packed at weekends, Spassos is an Italian restaurant which evolves into a dance club after 10:00pm when the music starts. Located on the lower floor of the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel there's a Bt600 entrance charge, which includes two drinks.

Cover: 450

Music: Varies. Been cover bands when I was there.

Q Bar

Small place. More for chilling. But I like it.

New York style bar/club for the hip crowd. Excellent DJ, well run and a current fave with both locals and expats. Cover charge on weekends. Funky, cool and all that jazz. First international style bar and nightclub in Bangkok. Opened in 1999, and has since established a standard for all nightclubs in South East Asia and the world. Named by several books and magazines as one of the world's 100 best bars. Q Bar features over 300 bottles of the world's finest alcohols (over 65 vodkas alone) and includes of of the most highly trained bar staff in Asia in the art of making cocktails. Q Bar also features some of the most talented DJ's in Thailand and regulary imports some of the most talented DJ's in the world. Q Bar is a regular stop for every international model, rock star and hollywood celebrity to pass through Thailand and has been consistantly cutting edge and innovative in everything it presents to the world for the last 5 years.

Cover: 400

Music: Hip-Hop, House, Electronic, Reggae, Live, Etc.

BED Superclub

Interesting. It has two sides. One side full of huge beds for just chilling and talking with friends. And another side with a dance floor and more "beds" upstairs. It's not the best club I've ever been to but it worth seeing at least due to its uniqueness.

Supertrendy nightclub and restaurant. The interior is high tech, decorated totally in white with a futuristic tube like interior currently in vogue with designers. Horizontal lounging on beds is the order of evening, while you take in the scene with changing lighting to reflect the current music mood. Separate club area playing mainly House music. Something completely different.

Cover: 300 w/d, 500 w/e

Music: House, Hip-Hop, Lounge...

Bars / Pubs I've been to:

Sirocco

AMAZING place. A bit expensive but it is on the roof of the State Tower and thus, provides for amazing views of Bangkok at night. It is also a very expensive, upscale resteraunt but I have only been to the bar. Live music - Jazz when I was there.

Gulliver's Travels

Cricket's-like (in Waco) atmosphere. Fun place but nothing special. Worth going to from time to time though.

Lava Bar

Just a bar with a DJ. No dancing. But I like that atmosphere. Good for chilling.

Saxophone Pub

No explination Needed as most of you have already been there

Radio city

This is where we saw Elvis

Clubs I've heard good things about but haven't been to:

Lucifers

Heard a lot of good things about this club's past. One of the best in BKK But, apparently, it is getting a bit sleezy??

Techno rules. Loud and packed and hectic. Go for it. Takes the look and feel of an inforno and brings it to the dance floor. Good mix of Thai and Western customers.

Cover:

Music:

Riva's

Pop classics paid by resident band at this five-star hotel. Circular bar, smart ambiance, pretty loud music and an interesting food menu.

Cover:

Music:

Ezze

Simply the best place in Bangkok to find good, recent electronic dance music. It's as simple as that.

Cover: 0?

Music: Trance, House, Psy-Trance

Mystique

Mystique Bangkok brings a lavish new meaning to the word ‘Nightclubbing’: 3 floors providing 3 new worlds in which to delve deeply. Each floor brings the clientele to another level, both figuratively and literally, offering a sensually mysterious atmosphere throughout. Guests can indulge their changing moods with the variety of styles and themes represented in different zones of the club. Each theme and all interior decoration has been meticulously designed down to the smallest detail by the venue’s own General Manager/Partner Daryl Scott. “Quite frankly, it’s lavish in every way, but by no means quixotic,” he acknowledges. Aside from its evocative design, one stunning focal point of this unique nightspot is the mammoth solid-steel seawater tank featuring 300 live light-producing jellyfish of 8 different species, centrally located behind the main bar on the ground floor. State-of-the-art technology in sound, lighting and security maintain both the audio and visual integrity of the club, as well as ensuring the comfort and safety of its guests.

Cover: 650

Music: House, Hip-Hop...

Narcissus

huge place aimed at an upscale and dressed up clientele. Many who have visited Narcissus Club think of it as one of Asia's most amazing clubs. It is build in a style of Greek architecture with a always changing, beautiful, detailed, colorful and elaborate decoration. 1995 : Narcissus Club started to move the scene to the Sukhumvit area and was able to build up a party crowd of some hundred to more than five thousand within a few years. In those day's at Narcissus Club, we partied until dawn and closed in the early morning. Events and parties started spreading all over the city. People from all over Asia came flying to Bangkok to enjoy our club scene..... and wow.... not even for Europe we were to far away. At that time Bangkok was the leading party town in Asia.

Cover: 300 w/d 500 w/e

Music: House, Progressive, Trance

Bars / Pubs I've heard good things about but haven't been to:

Londoner Brew House

Good pub atmosphere in this airy pub with home brew draught English bitter, Londoner Pilsner and great pub food. Satellite TV and big sceen for the important sporting events, plus regular quiz night. Popular with local expats.

Dubliner Irish Pub

Guinness, Kilkenny and other draught beers. Local expat favourite Live music on Fridays.

Ad Makers Pub & Restaurant

A favourite with expats who come to wind down. Good local bands with a leaning towards covers of rock favourites. The sort of place where you can go with the flow or make your own party. Mainly Thai food with a few international items.

Bamboo Bar

Probably some of the best jazz musicians in the world play here at some point. Guest singers from overseas, great local musicians. You won't find much better anywhere in the world - in keeping with the Oriental's reputation. As you would expect, expensive but worth it..

Edited by RamshakleZ

[

b]Riva's [/b]

Pop classics paid by resident band at this five-star hotel.  Circular bar, smart ambiance, pretty loud music and an interesting food menu.

Cover:

Music:

I recommend Riva's... went there last night and the music and band is great. They play RnB, hiphop, latino and pop music every night except Sundays.

No cover charge, but drinks are about 350B ~ up.

Escudo on Thong Lo has great dj playing some nice house tunes upstairs. Downstairs is packed on weekends and wednsdays and plays the same hip hop songs as every other BKK club. Zantika on Ekkemai is good as well.

Haven't been to Narcissus in a few years, anyone know how it is now?

I rate Narcissus for its amazing selection of tunes, the sound system and the venue itself. It really is unbelievable. It's only busy on weekends though, and not an especially friendly crowd...quite aloof mafia-types with money are often present. Substances definitely obvious too.

Zantika's cool with an older crowd, not many freelancers visible. Music is VERY loud though and alternates between a rock band and dance/hip hop tunes.

For chill-out try Distil and Sirocco at the State Tower (expensive and no dancefloor) or Cafe Democ, Hu'u, Bed (left side room).